- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Colombo
- Grade: Administrative support – NPSA-6, National Personnel Services Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Administrative support
- Banking and Finance
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-24
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
The duties for Project Associate at UNDP Sri-Lanka are :
- Structure project finance transactions, including, identifying financing sources, developing financing plans, and arranging terms with suppliers, contractors, Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), and other partners.
- Perform due diligence on potential suppliers, contractors, CBOs (Community-based organizations), CSOs, and partners, including evaluating their financial stability, and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Organize and review legal documents related to project finance transactions, such as security agreements, and guarantees.
- Build and sustain relationships with project direct implementing partners and other stakeholders involved with supporting services.
- Determine, assess, and manage risks associated with project finance transactions, including financial, legal, and regulatory risks.
- Observe project activities and related payments to ensure they are performing as expected and identify any possible issues or risks.
- Organize and present regular reports on project performance, financial metrics, and key performance indicators to project management.
- Work with internal teams such as Procurement, HR (Human Resource), and Finance team to assure that all facets of project finance transactions are properly coordinated and executed.
APPLY ALSO: Finance and Administration Associate at UNDP
The requirements for Project Associate at UNDP Sri-Lanka are :
- Successful fulfilment of Secondary education (G.C.E. Advanced Level) is needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Finance, Project Management, Economics, or equivalent field will be given due regard.
- A minimum of six (06) years of progressively responsible work experience, including 3 years of experience in supporting the performance of projects, in the development sector, is required with Secondary Education.
- Three (03) years of progressively responsible work background is required in relevant fields in the possession of a Bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in Sinhala and/or Tamil with excellent English transmission skills.
- Background in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) is desirable
- Advanced understanding of database packages and experience in handling of web-based management systems will be an asset.
- Experience in handling general project administration and management of logistics will be an added benefit.
- Illustrated capacity to undertake assigned duties and work under pressure is desirable.