- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Tunis
- Grade: Mid level – NPSA-10, National Personnel Services Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-06-06
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
The duties for Project Manager – UNDP – TUNIS are:
- Project administration of local accelerators and country-level project team. This includes monitoring of the performance of activities and the expenditure of funds, and potentially conducting monitoring visits at SME premises as well. Project management related to local management consultants will include project coordination with the administration consultants on country level and ensuring timely and on-target delivery of the output agreed on contractually with the consultants.
- Lead stakeholder dialogue with external members appropriate to the project implementation. The key stakeholder from the private sector is the local management consultancy firm which will entail the majority of the stakeholder engagement. Other private sector stakeholders include the private sector outside the accelerators, business associations, innovation hubs, other accelerators, and risk finance, such as venture capital, angel investors, investment funds and so on. The second stakeholder dialogue group is the public sector at both local and national level, including local and national government, networks of academia, etc.
- Correspond and liaise between the project partners and key stakeholders to ensure harmony in approach and consistency in performance . Take part in a country-level coordination group consisting of partners in the DAPP, to ensure on-the-ground coordination and collaboration, to avoid duplication of efforts and ensure maximum synergies between the three DAPP projects.
- Help in the review of consultancy firms’ deliverables as well as deliverables by main project partners in coordination with NRO and RBAS.
- Bring in and leverage existing project experience and capabilities relevant to this project; e.g. project administration, understanding of and direct work with private sector/enterprise development/local investment landscape/green growth/innovation/digital transformation.
- Assure structured progress reporting for SME cohorts.
- Aid and feed into the growth of a regional adaptive management framework with country specific frameworks which includes leading on collecting country-level project data, capturing results and learning from project progress.
- Lead on capturing results from project progress against an adaptive administration results framework
- Lead on gathering country-level project data for reporting and M&E
- Contribute appropriate cases and materials that can be turned into transmission products and stories by RBAS (local and regional audiences) and UNDP Nordic (Danish audiences)Link with UNDP Tunisia programme initiatives on SDG Impact and Financing, Social Entrepreneurship and impact driven support to SMEs.
- Partake and correspond with the Regional Youth Project Team as the project holder for work and strategic planning, delivering on results, data and sharing knowledge, and all work related to the three outputs listed below.
APPLY ALSO: National Consultant UN-WOMEN TUNIS
The requirements for Project Manager – UNDP – TUNIS are:
- Bachelor in Finance, Economics, Business Development, Investment Management, or connected fields and/or a Master’s degree in Economic, business, Finance or connected major.
- At least 5 years of background with Master’s degree, or 7 years experience with Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the implementation of projects applicable to SME business support and/or acceleration programmes,
- Background in green economy/entrepreneurship and/or social entrepreneurship is an asset.
- Previous experience with UNDP projects would be an asset.
- Background in collaborating with international and national experts and institutions.
- Exposure to environmental issues or biodiversity is highly desirable, but not demanded.
- Substantial knowledge of result-based management and project implementation.
- Solid understanding and acumen in multi-stakeholder engagement and coordination.
- Remarkably good analytical skills and writing skills.