Brief Details About Project Officer Community Stabilization Job at UNDP in Pakistan:
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Islamabad
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Social Affairs
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-26
The United Nations Development Programme is a United Nations agency tasked with helping countries eliminate poverty and achieve sustainable economic growth and human development. The UNDP emphasizes developing local capacity towards long-term self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Apply also: IT Operations Associate Job at WFP in Pakistan
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary of Key Functions:
- Design and develop strategies for the community stabilization programme portfolio
- Manage the implementation of the community stabilization projects
- Monitoring of the ongoing projects and reporting
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with the development partners
- Develop mechanisms and platforms for knowledge management
- Design policy frameworks and formulate project proposals and initiatives for the community stabilization portfolio.
- Draft inputs to community stabilization strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue, and other documents.
- Conduct stakeholder mapping for relationships with government developments, civil society organizations, and development partners in coordination with field teams.
- Contribute to the assessments of social inclusion and Human Rights programs and coordinate with the social inclusion and human rights project teams to identify opportunities to integrate community engagement into programming design and implementation.
Manage the Implementation of the community stabilization projects
- Manage the overall implementation of the community stabilization projects in a timely manner and be responsible for the projects’ financial, administrative, and technical backstopping, in line with UNDP’s policies and practices as well as donor requirements.
- Supervise the implementing partners, field teams, and individual contractors in implementing activities, including reporting, monitoring, and evaluation, and identify and implement project delivery and coordination improvements.
- Lead the coordination of the request for proposals, including the evaluation of technical proposals and coordination with the review committees.
- Develop project concept notes, proposals, budgets, work plans, logical framework, and risk mitigation plans.
- Identify and provide capacity-building support and opportunities to the partners in coordination with the subject experts.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates, budget analyses, and cost projections as required to handle the financial operations of the project.
- Prepare terms of reference for individual contractors and firms including cost estimates and timelines for the implementation of the activities.
- Draft and provide inputs to annual and quarterly reports and coordinate the submission of implementing partner and individual contractors’ financial and narrative reports.
- Ensure effective implementation of day-to-day operations to ensure quality-based implementation of the project and delivery of its outputs
- Establish systems for project planning, implementation, and closeout and record and maintain documents on relevant program activities, issues, and risks.
- Organize and lead the project-related activities including the organization of roundtables, inception workshops, training, working meetings, and other events.
Monitoring of the ongoing projects and reporting
- Manage the monitoring of project implementation using results-based management tools and assessing program implementation and achieving maximum efficiency in program delivery through timely monitoring, evaluation, and reporting to highlight the implementation challenges and solutions.
- Design M&E matrix and logical frameworks as required by the programming needs.
- Develop standardized M&E tools for the community stabilization projects and ensure accurate and reliable data collection and analysis which eventually results in dissemination promptly.
Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with the development partners
- Development of partnerships with the UN Agencies, government institutions, donors, private sector, civil society, and academia aiming at coordinating and promoting new activities and facilitating the implementation of ongoing activities and fundraising for new initiatives.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, and identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects.
- Participate in and contribute to relevant meetings as requested; debrief senior management on critical issues.
- Maintain the smooth flow of communication, exchange of information, and collaboration with and between partners and establish strong relationships with the project’s NGOs and national counterparts.
Develop mechanisms and platforms for knowledge management
- Develop lessons learned and good practices documents, disseminate the knowledge products with the project teams, and present them at relevant key meetings with the development partners.
- Develop internal and external communication and engagement plans.
- Maintain regular coordination and quality assurance of experts’ inputs and products as well as among project partners.
- Design and organize the peer learning session and participate in learning and research initiatives for building knowledge in the area of community stabilization projects.
- Adhere to UNDP Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Operations Manual. Undertake other activities reasonably requested by the consultants, UNDP and other stakeholders for the successful accomplishment of the immediate objectives.
- Ensure gender aspects are integrated in all existing and new project proposals
- Ensure equal opportunities for female staff members of the project
The incumbent of the position will uphold the non-discriminatory behavior and ensure that:
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UN”;
- All forms of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women, men and persons with non-binary gender identities are considered;
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings, etc.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Social science, governance or any relevant social science degree.
- Minimum 2 years with Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience at national or international level in project implementation, project monitoring and programme implementation.
- Relevant experience with Masters’s degree and/or professional qualification
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of the UN
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Strong ethics, a collaborative attitude and a passion for improving citizens’ lives
- Ability to cope with uncertainty and to work under pressure.
- Strong communication (spoken and written) skills and ability to articulate ideas in a clear, concise style
- Prior working experience with public, private and development sectors in the areas of governance, socio-economic development and reform.
- Good understanding of administrative and socio-economic dynamics of Pakistan specially KP.
- Experience and good understanding of Government institutional and policy set up at various tiers of provincial and federal government.
- Experience in policy report writing, analysis and review skills.
- Strong understanding and use of econometrics and economic modelling.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is desirable.
- Fluency in English (both in speaking and writing)