- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-10
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a technical agency of the United Nations accountable for international public health. It was founded in 1948 and is committed to promoting health, keeping the world safe, and serving the helpless. WHO’s work is guided by science and rooted in the principles of the right to health and well-being for all people. The organization cooperates with governments, civil society, international organizations, foundations, advocates, researchers, and health workers to promote the health and security of all. WHO has six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide. Its strategic importance include assisting countries that seek progress toward better health outcomes, observing and coordinating activities concerning many health-related issues, and maintaining a list of vital medicines.
1: Coordinate stakeholder engagement with new and existing partners to the initiative.
- fund the expansion of the industry in additional sub-counties in Migori and new counties in Kenya through engagement of applicable government officials and implementing partners on the ground;
2: Lead the expansion and implementation of activities in all target counties.
- improve semester workplans for WHO, and harmonize the review and monitoring of semester workplans for implementing partners
3: Sustain monitoring and evaluation of the initiative.
- Generate a comprehensive project document in cooperation with appropriate stakeholders, including coordination of a workshop with all implementing partners;
4: Lead the growth of long-term vision and strategy for the initiative.
- coordinate the development of a transition/exit strategy for the donor agencies by end of 2024 in cooperation with implementing partners;
APLLY ALSO: Program Manager – ERP Systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture.
- An evolved degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Economics, Management or another related domain is desirable.
- At least 5 years of experience working in agriculture economics. Practical experience in public health and/or tobacco control is expected. Demonstrated experience in project management, coordination with stakeholders and partners, monitoring & evaluation and report writing. Demonstrated experience working with the national and/or county government.