- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Prague
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
Protection Associate Organizational Setting and Work Relationships The Protection Associate normally reports to the Protection Officer or the Senior Protection Officer.Additionally, The incumbent checks protection standards, operational procedures and practices in protection delivery in line with international standards and sets functional protection aid to information management and programme staff. Furthermore, The Protection Associate is expected to collaborate quality, timely and effective protection responses to the demands of populations of concern (PoC) and recognize opportunities to mainstream protection methodologies and integrate protection safeguards in operational responses in all sectors. Moreover, S/he contributes to designing a comprehensive protection strategy and liaises externally with authorities and partners on protection doctrine and policy as guided by the supervisor.
APPLY ALSO: Integration Associate
- Minimum Qualifications Education & Professional Work Experience Years of Experience / Degree Level For G6 – 3 years related experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years related work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher Field(s) of Education Not applicable Certificates and/or Licenses International Law, Political Science or other relevant major.
- Moreover, Related Job Experience vital Not specified admirable Protection Learning Programme Functional Skills IT-Computer Literacy PR-Refugee Protection Principles and Framework PR-Protection-related guidelines
- In addition, Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English. Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language