- Organization: NRC – Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid level – Mid level
- Occupational Groups:
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Managerial positions
- Grant writing
- Closing Date: 2023-05-23
As well as providing humanitarian response and seeking new routes to greater impact, NRC’s Yemen programme has built a strong importance for humanitarian analysis and advocacy and seeks to continue to strengthen both arms of this agenda over the coming years, in partnerships with local and global actors.
The duties for Regional Grants Manager at NRC are:
Grant Administration: Responsible to set up and continually improve internal grant management systems and processes for the growth of high-quality proposals; analyse, and share learning from proposal and reporting processes, and compliance with donor rules and regulations.
Donor observation and reporting: Assure compliance of the Regional Office and the HMH with NRC PCM Framework and facilitate PCM activities, including inclusion of cross-cutting programme elements and Monitoring and Evaluation structures throughout all stages of the PCM
Line administration and Capacity Building – Line management duties for directly reporting staff, including performance management and staff growth , ensuring clear objectives aligned to regional strategy and priorities.
Funding Identification and Proposal Development – Help the RHoPDSU, the Regional Head of Business Development Unit, the Regional Programme Director and the Regional Director to develop a context-specific fundraising strategy, and ensure it is aligned with NRC Regional Strategy. This includes identifying funding trends, donor mapping exercises, donor employment matrix, and growth of Capacity Statements. Actively support the RHoPDSU, RPD and RD in donor engagement.
Coordination of Regional and Multi-country grants – Correspond multi-country meetings with grantees including grant opening, review and closing as well as meetings with the consortia coordination unit (as per relevant).
Reviews and Partnerships Agreements – Lead on organisational assessments related to Regional, multi-countries, HMH grants of Partners as per NRC’s methods ;
APPLY ALSO: Mid-Level Management Training Consultant
The requirements for Regional Grants Manager at NRC are:
- Five years of appropriate background in donor relations and grants management within a relevant context (e.g., with institutional humanitarian and development donors) • Experience working in complex environments and with Displacement affected people;
- Good knowledge of donor rules and regulations Knowledge of institutional donors’ rules, regulations, priorities, and compliance requirements – NMFA, SIDA, SDC, BHA, UNHCR, ECHO etc
- Proven skills and background in developing high quality reports and proposals and working with multiple donors;
- Effective experience in managing coordination and communication within multipart or complex environments, alongside excellent interpersonal abilities
- Expertise in cross-functional administration environments, coupled with exceptional teamwork abilities.
- Good personal administrative skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Sound cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Readiness to travel to area offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements.
- Understanding of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector in the Middle East.
- Able to illustrate experience of contributing to positive organisational change.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English. Arabic is a strong asset.
- Above average computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Windows Word and Excel.