- Organization: UNOPS – United Nations Office for Project Services
- Location: Jakarta
- Grade: Senior level – P-5, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-05-14
The United Nations Office for Project Services () is a UN agency that implements infrastructure and procurement projects for the , international financial institutions, governments, and another partners over the world. UNOPS offers implementation, advisory, and transactional services in its five core areas of expertise.. It supply projects in more than 80 countries worldwide, with a portfolio of $3.4 billion in 2021. UNOPS often works in post-disaster and peace and security settings, improving countries, and economies in transition. UNOPS is a member of the United Nations Sustainable Development Group and works closely with other UN entities such as the , the , and the .
The duties for Regional Head of UN Global Pulse UNOPS are as follows:
Creation Leadership / Strategic Direction
- Supply advice and aid to regional UN leadership and partners in the regions of innovation, digital transformation, data, foresight, and behavioral science.
- Oversee and foster systematic scanning and ideation to surface new creations that go beyond the obvious to address development, humanitarian, and peace possibilities.
- Act as the UNGP focal point for donors in the region. Maintain, advance and evolve UNGP’s donor partnerships. Ensure donors and partners in the region are regularly updated on UNGP activities, results and impact.
- Furthermore, Utilise UNGP results and impact to charm the decisions, behaviors, and outcomes of UNGP partners including policies and frameworks for invention and digital development.
- Additionally, Where functional, represent UNGP in the UN Country Team (UNCT) / UN Coordination Group. Contribute, collaborate and influence UN programming and advocacy, promoting joint UN initiatives as far as possible.
Team Leadership & Collaboration
- Foster teamwork and cooperation by providing timely guidance and management to the Regional Hub team to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
- In addition, Ensure internal performance and rate management for the office, including tracking, monitoring and reporting on project delivery and finance/budgets.
- Sustain the Regional Hub to verify direction, work plans and manage priorities. Oversee and support the implementation of activities, projects, capabilities, and annual work plans.
Team Welfare & Wellbeing
- Form, foster, and promote a role model culture of trust, transparency, mandate and accountability within the office.
- Moreover, Institute, foster and promote a culture of respect and zero patience for discrimination, abuse of authority, bullying, harassment, poor professional behavior, sexual harassment and sexual exploitation. Ensure accountability mechanisms are in place and perform duties in accordance with UN/UNOPS policies, standards and commitments.
- Act as the office focal point for Diversity & Inclusion. Plan, draft, control and improve a flexible and diverse workforce with the skills and competencies needed to ensure optimum performance.
The requirements for Regional Head of UN Global Pulse UNOPS are as follows:
- An evolved university degree (Masters or equivalent).
- A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in mixture with additional two (2) years of relevant experience may be received in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- In addition, A minimum of 10 years of background in leading initiatives in an international context in one or a combination of the following areas: endurable expansion, humanitarian, or peacebuilding, of which at least 3 years in the management of innovation, or data, or digital transformation efforts.
- Moreover, Experience in applying innovation management frameworks or tools, and/or techniques, with the ability to develop and implement effective invention strategies.
- Furthermore, Proven track record in resource and partnership mobilization.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of a regional language is desirable.
- Additionally, Knowledge of another United Nations official language is an advantage.