- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Banking and Finance
- Innovations for Sustainable Development
- Closing Date:June 4, 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
• Drive co-creation of new creative finance projects with RB and COs colleagues from idea stage to performance, including (but not limited to):
• Develop suggestions on whether potential creative financing projects are worth pursuing to Senior Innovative Financing Officer and other senior managers/leaders of UNHCR in RB and COs.
• In close talk with the RB, support the expansion of existing global innovative finance initiatives to relevant COs in the area.
• In cooperation with the Bureau’s External Engagement team and PSP colleagues, stay up-to-date with list of donors potentially curious in supporting innovative finance projects in the region, and cultivate relationships including regular briefings on Innovative Finance projects that match their stresses.
• Help the Innovative Financing Fundraising Officer to cultivate understanding and conduct capacity-building with UNHCR fundraisers to grow comfort levels and effectiveness in introducing innovative financing projects in EHAGL to possible donors.
• Help with standard ongoing engagement on innovative financing with all key external partners in the UN and NGO community, multilateral growth banks (MDBs), and within the government donor community.
APPLY ALSO: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT at UNEP
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Economics, Development, Finance, Law or a corresponding field. A Master’s degree is desirable, but relevant professional background may substitute.
- At least 6 years of demonstrated progressive professional experience (5 years with Graduate degree equivalent of a Masters’s and 4 years with Doctorate equivalent of a PhD) in business case / investment deal development (e.g., from investment firm, PE firm, administration consulting, investment banking, development bank, or other similar institutions) and demonstrated background in development and/or humanitarian topics
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Competence in another UN language and/or a language appropriate to EHAGL region is desirable.