- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Mid level – P-4, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Human Rights
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Population matters (trends and census)
- Drugs, Anti-Money Laundering, Terrorism and Human Trafficking
- Closing Date: 2023-06-01
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
Under the order of the Regional Lead for Emergency Preparedness and Response and Cross-Cutting Issues, the Regional Protection / AAP Advisor will be accountable for providing technical guidance and support to advance protection, conflict sensitivity and responsibility to affected populations in WFP analysis, programme design, programme performance, and monitoring. Significant travel to country offices, including regular field missions to emergency and trouble duty stations is to be expected.
APPLY ALSO: Consultant UNICEF Thailand
- Advanced university degree in one of the following disciplines: social sciences international relations, human rights, law, political science, or humanitarian investigations.
- At least 8 years (for MA) or 10 years (for BA) of progressively responsible professional work experience in mainstreaming conservation and AAP across different settings.
- Note: The applicant should be able to show that this experience includes minimum 5 years direct experience in implementing / guiding responsible and protection sensitive programming at a country or field office level.
- Flexibility to tour on short notice
- Approval to work and travel in challenging and difficult environments
- Fluency in English (spoken & written) is a requirement.
- Working command in another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish, Russian) is an asset.