- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Consultancy – Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Education, Learning and Training
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Public, Private Partnership
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-05-24
UNICEF, or the United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by World War II. UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
- Coordinates with 10 BMGF partnership countries in preparing workplans and support in implementing remedial and catch-up learning activities
- Supplies technical support to 10 countries in strengthening programme designing, development of appropriate learning aids and teacher training and mentoring and monitoring of the programme implementation
- Provides quality commitment and oversight support in development of scale up framework and large-scale protest of the remedial learning programme
- Develops documentation of best practices, develop knowledge products on remedial learning, organize workshop, webinars, learning sessions and disseminate within UNICEF across stakeholders.
APPLY ALSO: Local Expert in urban policy and planning
- Advanced university degree or comparable experience in Education, Psychology, Sociology or related field of social science.
- *A first-level university degree in a appropriate field combined with seven years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of proven background in the field of education, teacher training, pedagogical practices and designing TLM and performance of education programmes
- Solid background in the design and implementation of education programme at scale.
- Outstanding writing skills, planning and coordination skills, with proven ability to work independently.
- Prior work with UNICEF (HQ or ROs) is an added advantage.
- Understanding of French and Portuguese is an added advantage.