- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Senior Executive level – D-1, Director – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: May 15, 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
– Stay up-to-date of the challenges posed by the local political context. – Manage a consultative process within the country functions and with external partners.
– Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy that develops political and financial support for UNHCR¿s operations. Mobilize financial support for UNHCR corporate importance as well for country specific projects. Operations
– Implement a results-oriented approach, committing a robust Multi-Functional Team, for assessing, designing, delivering and monitoring the country operation.
– Assure that the protection strategy is fully integrated into the country operations plan and that necessary resources are assigned to it. – Ensure the country operation¿s adherence to UNHCR¿s policy on Age, Gender and Diversity Mainstreaming (AGDM).
– Assure the country operation plans are consistent with the regional and global strategic priorities; operate a participatory process, with stakeholders, to apply UNHCR¿s standards and indicators in assessing and estimating the performance of the country operations.
– Promote accession to the Convention and Protocol and assure the application of protection standards in the treatment of persons of concern, especially women and children.
– Ensure individuals of concern, especially women and children, have access to relevant information; assure that cases of sexual violence and abuse against girls and boys are reported and dealt with expeditiously.
– Assure the engagement of UNHCR in the UNCT, UN common programming, planning and funding activities and to actively donate in the establishment of the CCA/UNDAF and the consequent joint implementation activities.
– Partake in the Cluster approach, ensure UNHCR¿s Cluster Lead role and implement other IASC and inter-agency/UN policies.
– Assure that risks to the operation¿s objectives are regularly assessed, priority risks are recognized and risk treatments for the priority risks form an integral part of the operations plans. Resource Management
– Provide that staff and financial resources are commensurate with operational objectives.
– Ensure effective and efficient administration of resources within the rules and procedures of UNHCR.
APPLY ALSO: Consultant UNICEF Thailand
- 17 years relevant background with Undergraduate degree; or 16 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 15 years appropriate experience with Doctorate degree
- Extensive understanding of UNHCR operations and services. Extensive knowledge of UNHCR operations and services.
- – A high level of skill in the management of broad programs, political decision making and negotiating, as well as demonstrated tolerance to continually changing and highly charged situations.
- Capability to lead strategic planning, change processes, results-based management and reporting.
- Capability to lead formulation, oversight of implementation, monitoring and evaluation of operations.
- Command to organize for results: translates strategic aims into achievable plans, with established priorities, monitors them, making periodic adjustments as required.
- Capability to effectively represent UNHCR at the senior level in internal and external meetings and to build strong relationships with clients.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.