- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: N’Djamena
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Human Settlements (Shelter, Housing, Land, Property)
- Closing Date: JUNE 4 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
The duties for Resettlement Associate at UNHCR Chad are :
- Interview, evaluate resettlement needs, and process persons identified for resettlement, following established procedures; undertake field missions as required.
- Where appropriate, review and assess special resettlement cases and prepares individual submissions for presentation to resettlement countries; keep offices informed on the status of special resettlement cases; liaise with offices on case processing and provide advice as needed.
- Comply with UNHCR¿s standard operating techniques on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
- Follow up on the status of cases from request to departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on persons of concern (PoC) being considered for resettlement; ensure that records on individual cases are kept up-to-date.
- Supply PoC and partners with up-to-date and accurate information on UNHCR¿s resettlement policies and procedures.
- Help in monitoring the quality of submissions, providing the concerned staff with basic guidance and advice.
- Manage, sustain and update proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database and provide technical backing.
- Coordinate travel and departure performances for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- Manage logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- Sustain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; help in the preparation of reports.
- Help with preparing a strategy and budget for resettlement activities and monitoring expenditures.
- Provide executive support for resettlement-related training activities.
- Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all facets of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
- Aid in mitigating resettlement fraud through oversight (including in-country travel), advice and guidance). – Suggest cases that are eligible for resettlement consideration.
APPLY ALSO: Admin Assistant at UNHCR Chad
The requirements for Resettlement Associate at UNHCR Chad are :
- 3 years appropriate background with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the responsibility station if not English.