- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: Kathmandu
- Grade: Consultancy – National Consultant – Locally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Public Health and Health Service
- Biology and Chemistry
- Closing Date: 2023-05-02
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a technical agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. It was established in 1948 and is dedicated to boosting health, keeping the world safe, and serving the helpless. WHO’s work is guided by science and rooted in the direction of the right to health and well-being for all people.Moreover, the organization connects nations, partners, and communities to heighten health and serve the vulnerable. WHO has six regional headquarters and 150 field offices worldwide. In addition, the agency is implicated in many aspects of health policy and planning, including public health, AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, and dengue
Help MOHP to assess nationwide oxygen capacity, supply and demand for medical-grade oxygen based on the local context
- Activity 1.1 Asset MoHP to assess and map oxygen systems throughout the country. The consultant will draft a report that highlights oxygen capacity, supply, and request of oxygen needs of Nepal
Spare part requirements for life-saving biomedical tools (PSA plant, LO tanks, ventilators, CPaP machines) that can be sourced in the country and in the region is comprehended, recorded, and documented:
- Activity 2.1: Mapping of biomedical plants and dealers at the national level
- Activity 2.2: Development of national and regional database of suppliers
Health systems describedto live-saving biomedical equipment and oxygen reserve in country is strengthened:
- Activity 3.1: Develop standard guidelines on the calibration of biomedical supplies based on the regional context.
APPLY ALSO: Surveillance Officer
- University degree in Bio-Medical Engineering or a University Degree in other pastures of Engineering with a postgraduate diploma or degree in Bio-Medical Engineering or another relevant subject; or its equivalent from a acknowledged University / Institution.
- In addition, Five (5) years or more professional experience in preparation and/or oversight of medical equipment condition assessment and specifications for hospitals including induction, commissioning large-scale maintenance networks of biomedical and hospital supplies(patient ventilators, monitors, oxygen concentrators, central oxygen supply setups, etc.).
- Moreover, Fluent Nepali demanded
- Additionally, Outstanding knowledge of both written and spoken English