- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: Cotonou
- Grade: Consultancy – International Consultant – Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Legal – Broad
- Human Rights
- Women’s Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a technical agency of the United Nations accountable for international public health. It was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.WHO’s mission is to encourage health, maintain the world safe, and serve the vulnerable, guided by science and committed to the well-being of all people. The organization works with governments, civil society, international organizations, foundations, advocates, researchers, and health employees to advance the health and security of al.WHO’s areas of involvement include public health, AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue, and more. The agency is led by a director-general appointed by the WHO Secretariat, which carries out routine operations and helps implement strategies.
The duties for Roster of National Consultants at WHO are :
The general objective of the SSRMNIA-PA and Nut consultations is to assist the country office in its support to the country to design, implement, monitor and evaluate policies, strategies, guidelines and plans relating to sexual, reproductive, mother health , neonatal, child and adolescent and elderly health and well-being, nutrition and GER topics within the framework of universal access to these care services, including family planning, safe abortion, emergency obstetric and neonatal care, integrated management of childhood illnesses, consideration of the GER in all procedures.
- Assess SSRMNIA-PA and Nut policies, programs and strategies including SSRMNIA-PA and Nut needs assessments;
- Composition achievements in SSRMNIA-PA and Nut;
- Generate SSRMNIA-PA and Nut plans, strategies and programs;
- Donate to the inclusion of gender, equity and human rights (including the rights of persons with disabilities, older people, women, adolescents and young people) in policies, programs and plans.
- Consider the risks of GBV/Abuse, Sexual Exploitation and Harassment in communities and in theaters of crisis operations.
APPLY ALSO: WASH Officer at UNCICEF Benin
The requirements for Roster of National Consultants at WHO are :
- Fundamental: University degree (Public Health Doctor, Obstetrician-Gynecologist, Pediatrician, Project and Organization Management, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Health Information System Manager, GER Specialist).
- The background will depend on the specificity of the consultation ( at least 2 years in the field )
- Background working with the UN system or international NGOs and humanitarian system at national/regional/district level is an asset.
- Knowledge to work independently,
- Proven background working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Good authority of computers (Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.) and epidemiological data analysis and mapping software.
- Fundamental: Talent of French (reading, writing, speaking) with a good capacity for synthesis, analysis and writing.