- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: Windhoek
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-05-30
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a technical agency of the United Nations accountable for international public health. It was founded in 1948 and is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.WHO’s mission is to encourage health, maintain the world safe, and serve the vulnerable, guided by science and committed to the well-being of all people. The organization works with governments, civil society, international organizations, foundations, advocates, researchers, and health employees to advance the health and security of al.WHO’s areas of involvement include public health, AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, dengue, and more. The agency is led by a director-general appointed by the WHO Secretariat, which carries out routine operations and helps implement strategies.
The tasks for Roster Project Assistant at WHO are :
- Initiate correspondence projects on the orientation of Programme Officer; finalize them in accordance with WHO and departmental styles and check language, grammar and accuracy before submission for approval and signature.
- Manage the administrative preparation of internal and external meetings, including the preparation of business plans in GSM / Oracle, letters of invitation, cost estimates and travel requests; assist in the preparation of documents; sending materials and liaising with participants and others involved.
- Analyze correspondence and requests received, highlight incoming documents and attach background information and determine areas requiring action by Program Managers, drawing attention to important issues. Schedule meetings of Program Administrators, according to schedules and needs; take minutes of meetings and follow up on issues requiring action to assure prompt response to WHO requests.
- Receive information documents for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. which Program Administrators take part in, verify their availability, and ensure that they have the appropriate information files and documents.
- Assure that specialized reports and documents conform to WHO standards, rules, practices, procedures and editing style and correct them as necessary prior to submission to the Representative’s signature.
- Use proper monitoring tools, monitor and ensure deadlines and deadlines are met, and correspondence and requests are analyzed and processed as soon as possible.
- Use GSM to design requests for official travel by Program Officer. Make airline and hotel reservations, prepare travel records, and handle other related matters upon request.
- Follow-up with the implementing members for a progress report and DFC/DI FACE for submission to the Programme Officer
- Aid Procurement, Travel and Logistics Assistant to perform purchases and procurement of materials, goods, and equipment according to the project needs and the corresponding administrative and/or forwarding procedures.
APPLY ALSO: National Consultant at WHO Namibia
The requirements for Roster Project Assistant at WHO are :
- Fulfillment of Grade 12 followed by administration training
- Important: 5 years of background in a recognized public or private international organization.
- The incumbent will illustrate mastery; actualize his knowledge in the use of modern office technology through interior courses, on-the-job or self-training.
- He/she keeps abreast of modifications in methods and practices, rules and regulations, and organizational structure, in Country Office, organic group and WHO, to be able to brief and explain procedures to other members Staff
- Expert understanding of spoken and written English language is demanded.
- Working knowledge of French would be a benefit.