- Organization: IRC – International Rescue Committee
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Mid level – Mid level
- Occupational Groups:
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Managerial positions
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian helps, relief, and improvement non-governmental organization. It was founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association and altered its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the alike Emergency Rescue Committee. The IRC answers to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and assists people to survive and rebuild their lives by restoring health, safety, education, economic well-being, and power to mankind. The organization provides assistance in different areas such as primary health care, reproductive health care, environmental health, child survival, blindness treatment and prevention, and assistance for victims of sexual violence. The IRC has a high rating for accountability and finance.
The duties for Safe Programming Manager at IRC are :
- Contribute to the growth of the Strategic Annual Plan (SAP) process, ensuring that gender equality and diversity ambitions, are clearly articulated and measurable.
- Design/revise the Safe Programming strategy and its implementation to ensure Gender, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (GEDI).
- Assure IRC Ethiopia delivers programs that are safe, effective, and responsive and informed by gender, age, disability, and diversity.
- Assure the Safe Programming team has an active role in the development and implementation of country-specific safeguarding guidelines/procedures and its periodic review/revision.
- Work with the HR team to assure that all aspects of HR policy and procedure are supportive of good safeguarding practices including integration of safeguarding standards throughout recruitment processes.
Staff Administration and Development
- Trainer, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening technical capacity, sharing knowledge within the team, and providing professional development guidance.
- Manage and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual interpretation reviews.
APPLY ALSO: Programme Management Officer at UNV
The requirements for Safe Programming Manager at IRC are :
- MSc/MA or BSC/BA/LLB in Law, Human Rights, International Relations, Social Work, Social Sciences, related domain
- Four years of work background in Protection and Rule of Law with specific experience implementing safe programming across different service delivery sectors (e.g. WASH, Health, Economic well-being etc.) is desirable
- Acquaintance with global Safe Programming guidelines and tools and protection risk analysis
- Management background in a comparable role with project management and staff supervision responsibilities
- Prior background in developing and conducting training on related topics
- Background in participatory techniques and community mobilization
- Prior experience with participatory data collection methods and project monitoring.
- Exceptional ability to analyze, interpret and operationalize qualitative data in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) in addition to the provincial Language (Amharic).