- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Dushanbe
- Grade: Internship – Internship
- Occupational Groups:
- Education, Learning and Training
- Children’s rights (health and protection)
- Closing Date: 2023-05-10
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
• Help in organizing activities/workshops for government stakeholders, school feeding focal points, and others on various project-related aspects.
• Aid in the preparation of technical documents: consolidate data and reports, provide basic analysis, review templates, and suggest areas for streamlining formatting, and editing presentations.
• Assist in the drafting of an vacations agenda, budget, printing of materials, and translation. Draft invitation letters and follow-up for confirmations of attendance.
• Take notes along with the events and unit meetings and support in the preparation of NFR and reports;
• Assist in the implementation of the Income Generating Activities and Canteen Renovation projects.
• Assist in the review/improvement of existing checking and reporting systems and in the development of a national unified reporting mechanism for consolidated subnational information received;
• Analyse school feeding data and other related indicators from subnational reporting and monitoring to ensure regular national reporting and to track progress and goals(based on Kobo collect platform)
• Supply with preparation and/or proofreading reports, and translation.
• Managre any other task, as demanded.
APPLY ALSO: Information Technology (IT) Expert
- Currently enlisted in an undergraduate programme in international affairs, education, or social sciencesfrom a recognized university, have completed at least two years of the programme and participated classes in the past 12 months; OR
- previously graduated from an undergraduate/graduate programme in international affairs, education, or social sciences (within six months prior to the application to the internship programme) from a recognized university and have participated classes in the last 12 months of enrolment in the university; OR
- Currently enlisted in a graduate programme in international affairs, education, or social sciences (e.g. Master’s degree) at a identified university and have attended classes in the past 12 months;
- Mastership in Windows, and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Projects).
- recently worked within the humanitarian or development context is desirable;
- Background collecting primary observational and structured data through various quantitative and qualitative monitoring techniques and basic data analysis
- Required fluency (level C) in verbal and written English;
- Required fluency (level C) in verbal and written Tajik or Russian.