- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: N’Djamena
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-5/GS-6, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
The duties for Senior Administrative Asst at UNHCR are:
- Aid in interpreting and processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files.
- Minister meetings on day-to-day admin matters; administer the activity of UNHCR staff members and monitor their attendance records, leave plans, overtime and visa requirements.
- Search office files and records connecting to a combination of topics for information and reference. Select information and records in a specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents.
- Help in the requisition of office supplies, and equipment and arrange for distribution together with the appropriate inventory records.
- Help in administrative formalities related to travel arrangements and issuance/ renewal of visas, licences, travel arrangements and other similar documents.
- Draft parallel and reports, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility; Type correspondence, documents, and reports, some of which may be highly confidential.
- Set appointments and sustain supervisor’s calendar, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion; Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps.
- Help the management to organize and run UNHCR Office and Residential (wherever applicable) compounds.
- Simplify various official missions of UNHCR staff and other persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Prepare attestations and certificates demanded by the staff members for the signature of a senior officer.
- Aid in processing MIP and diverse other claims by UNHCR staff and other clients of UNHCR.
APPLY ALSO: Admin Assistant at UNHCR Chad
The requirements fro Senior Administrative Asst at UNHCR are:
- 2 years relevant background with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the task station if not English.