- Organization: IRC – International Rescue Committee
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Junior level – Junior
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Communication and Public Information
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Documentation and Information Management
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian helps, relief, and improvement non-governmental organization. It was founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association and altered its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the alike Emergency Rescue Committee. The IRC answers to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and assists people to survive and rebuild their lives by restoring health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to mankind. The organization provides assistance in different areas such as primary health care, reproductive health care, environmental health, child survival, blindness treatment and prevention, and assistance for victims of sexual violence. The IRC has a high rating for accountability and finance.
The duties for Senior Budget and Reporting Officer are:
- Studies budget spending and advise relevant staff on spending status. Requests feedback on all over/under spending.
- Designs monthly Budget versus Actual (BvA) reports for Syria grants and distributes on time.
- Prepare for any new proposal growth and budget modification, Realignment
- Prepares and updates spending plans for all active grants in concurrence with designated budget holders.
- Partakes in monthly Grant Review Meetings (GRMs) and presents spending status. Follows-up on action points identified during the meetings.
- Attends and provides support to all Grant Opening, Grant Review, and Grant Closing Meetings.
- Provides support and feedback to Operations and Program Managers on all inquiries regarding the BvAs.
- In compliance with donor requirements, proposes adjustment entries required for all BvAs and financial reports.
- Train new budget line coding (T2 codes) for each new grant and updates in SUN system.
- Uploads budgets to SUN system when demanded.
- Trains donor financial reports for review by the Finance Coordinator/ Manager. Ensures reports are following donor reporting formats and submitted in a timely manner as per contractual requirements.
APPLY ALSO: Procurement Associate at UNOPS Jordan
The requirements for Senior Budget and Reporting Officer are:
- College graduates/studies associated to accounting or any other alike subject.
- Minimum 3-6 years of appropriate work experience in budgeting and budget management, especially on finances/grants administration in an international organization.
- Prior experience with various donors’ financial policies and guidelines including USAID, Europe Aid, Sida, CIDA, UNICEF, UNHCR, ECHO, GFFO and other institutional donors