- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Sanaa
- Grade: Administrative support – Administrative Services and Support – Generally no need for Higher Education
- Occupational Groups:
- Social Affairs
- Administrative support
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
– Help functional units, the Multi-Functional Team (MFT) and senior management to integrate participatory and community-based approaches in the overall protection strategy.
– Through connections with PoC and network of partners, stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural products that have an impact on the protection environment and provide advice to the protection team. Understand the views , capacities, needs and resources of the PoC and advise the protection team accordingly, highlighting the specific conservation needs of women and men, children, youth and older persons, persons with disabilities, and marginalized groups.
– Assist in industries with host communities to involve national civil society groups in the protection of PoC.
– Support enforcing and operational partners as well as displaced and local communities to develop community-owned exercises to address, where applicable, the social, educational, psycho-social, cultural, health, organisational and livelihood considerations as well as child protection and prevention and response to GBV.
– Aid in the analysis that identifies the capacities of communities of concern and risks they face.
– Fund participatory assessments by multifunctional teams and ongoing consultation with PoC.
– Aid steps to build the office capacity for community-based protection.
– Support neighborhoods in establishing representation and coordination structures.
– Ensure neighborhood understanding of UNHCR’s commitment to deliver on accountability and quality assurance in its reaction.
APPLY ALSO: Country Manager UNOPS
- 2 years appropriate background with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Development Studies, Human Rights Community Development /Social Work
Social Science, Political Science International Law
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty position if not English.
For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and regional language.
For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the responsibility station if not English.