- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-5/GS-6, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date:26 MAY 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
- Help in operationalizing country-specific standard data standards and promoting them with partners.
- Assist in compiling and aggregating information components demanded to produce standardized information products and implement data/information supply plans for baseline and context-specific data.
- Support the operation in the analysis of processed data and information and conduct data quality and consistency control.
- Facilitate the analysis of cross-border information between appropriate countries.
- May be demanded to collect GIS data, update maps and undertake field trips to project sites.
- May be mandated to participate in Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation, and data investigation.
- Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the operations.
- Arrange on appropriate resolution to data management problems and escalate issues to the supervisor if the incident cannot be determined.
APPLY ALSO: FINANCE AND BUDGET OFFICER in GENEVA
- 2 years applicable background with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Essential Experience with handling confidential data and explained understanding of different data collection methodologies. Desirable Successful participation in the Operational Data management Learning Programme. Background in web design and software development is an asset.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the task station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.