- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Istanbul
- Grade: Mid level – P-4, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: May 15, 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
– Serve as the focal point for the functions within the AoR and follow up on situational realities, challenges and developments which may have an impact on the refugees, IDP situations, and other persons of concern.
– Analyse information received concerning contemporary refugee situations in the AoR and present coherent, consistent and credible proposals to address the crisis needs.
– Manage the process of gathering information, preparation of analytical papers and formulating recommendations for action for the operations within the AoR.
– Contribute to the preparation of action plans to address any active /legal gaps that have been identified; and ensure advice/guidance is provided to field offices to enhance the delivery of assistance of refugees and other persons of concern (PoCs).
– Provide advice and support for communication, and sharing of best practices amongst countries/operations in the AoR as well as with other entities in the field and at Headquarters.
– Coordinate with field offices for provision of timely, coherent, compatible , quality information about their operations.
– In the bureaux, support senior staff in the preparation of the official subordination to the meetings of the Budget Committee and Contracts’ Committee, and advocate for resources required for the operations.
APPLY ALSO: Procurement Officer WFP
- 9 years relevant background with Undergraduate degree; or 8 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 7 years relevant background with a Doctorate degree
- Experience in field procedures. At least 5 years of appropriate experience in an international capacity. Understanding of UNHCR mandate and operations.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the task station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Wisdom of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and regional language.
- For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.