- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Guatemala City
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-5/GS-6, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: MAY 30 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
The duties for Senior Programme Assistant-UNHCR are:
- Provide organizational assistance and support in routine services and activities within Programme thus better able to meet the needs of persons of concern.
- Help in organizing and documenting the selection of partners in accordance with the policy on selection and retention of partners, ensuring due diligence to meet the requirements of projects.
- Provide aid to assure partnership agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on, in compliance with established guidelines and procedures included in the framework for implementing with partners.
- Directed by the MFT approach, support the development and implementation of monitoring plans for activities implemented through partnerships and those under direct implementation in line with Programme Manual and programming instructions.
- Contribute to the assessment and analysis of operations plans, mid-year and year-end reports, ensuring quality assurance and compliance with established policies, guidelines, procedures and standards. Generate and maintain records of performance rate (performance progress and expenditures) on a regular basis. – Assist in ensuring compliance with the issuance of audit certificates for partners in line with the Policy on Risk-Based Project Audits.
- Use UNHCR¿s corporate tools (e.g. Focus Client, Global Focus Insight and FOCUS Reader, MSRP) for core activities related to planning, budgeting, performance and reporting, generating data for evidence-based programmatic decisions and analysis.
- Actively contribute to UNHCRs programming of a community of practice and continually contributing to improvements of programming tools and processes.
- Perform other related duties as demanded.
APPLY ALSO: Finance Associate UNHCR Guatemala
The requirements for Senior Programme Assistant-UNHCR are:
- 2 years appropriate background with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Demonstrated background in Programme Management, Operation Management Cycle and related processes.
- Understanding of Results Based-Management. Computer skills (in MS office) including advanced Excel skills
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Understanding of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.