Brief Details About Senior Research Officer Job at ICDDRB in Bangladesh:
Number of Positions: 01
Contract Type and Duration:
- CSA; duration will be 6 Months with a possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Tk.72,172/-per month (consolidated) inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances;
- Festival bonus, income tax paid by icddr,b, and subsidized canteen; Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
ICDDR.B is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. As a values-based organization icddr,b encourages women and people with disabilities.
Environmental Intervention Unit (EIU) under the Infectious Diseases Division has focused on determining and mitigating environmental contaminants, evaluating WASH strategies for improved health, and generating evidence to understand the extent of environmental pollution and contamination in low-resource settings.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Supervisor and PI in writing manuscripts;
- Arrange and conduct divisional and district-level workshops with relevant government and non-government stakeholders;
- Communicate with stakeholders through drafting, revising, and delivering letters of support and invitations;
- Use various tools and software to capture and edit images and videos;
- Develop social media content and small video clips on water, sanitation, and hygiene behaviour changes with a focus on disability; Handle Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn pages;
- Build rapport with the community and stakeholders; Identify potential Key informants, FGD participants and IDI participants following the eligibility criteria;
- Work with team members in preparing field plan; Collect high-quality data in a timely manner adhering to the ethical guidelines;
- Submit the data, check transcription and code qualitative data in order to proper implementation of the project.
- Write initial report; Discuss with all team members on initial reports together for consensus on findings;
- Prepare final report for submission to supervisor; Revise final report based on feedback received from supervisor;
- Promote a spirit of collegiality amongst the team members;
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Masters in any discipline with good academic records; MPH will be preferred;
- At least 5 years of experience in both qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis, and interpretation;
- Must have experience in writing manuscripts, reports and conference papers.