- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Guatemala City
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-5/GS-6, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Closing Date: JUNE 1 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
The duties for Snr Executive Support Asst are :
- Provide secretarial and organizational support to the UNHCR Office thus it’s better able to meet its objectives.
- Organize appointments and maintains the supervisor’s calendar. Receive visitors; places and screens telephone calls and answer queries with discretion.
- Organize meetings, both internal and external, some involving high-ranking officials, and take minutes and/or notes at meetings.
- Organize informal translations and may act as interpreter.
- Draft resemblance, documents, and reports, some of which are highly confidential.
- Obtain, screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary background information and maintain a follow-up system.
- Draft authorized correspondence, documents, and reports on routine matters and/or for clearance by the supervisor and ensure follow-up. Maintain filing system for electronic and hard copy documents.
- Maybe demanded to assist in Human Resources tasks (attendance record, travel arrangements, preparation of travel authorization, /claims, etc.) for staff within the unit.
- Help in the preparation of visit programmes, briefings on issues covered by the Unit, and collection of documentation for briefing kits; talking points and other material for missions, meetings and visits.
- Perform other related duties as demanded.
APPLY ALSO: Assc. Programme CBI Officer
The requirements for Snr Executive Support Asst are :
- 2 years relevant background with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Understanding of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.