- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: N’Djamena
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: MAY 29, 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
The duties for Snr IT Associate at UNHCR are :
- Undertake needs review on-site and installations of UNHCR Telecommunications equipment considering the overall IT strategy of the region, the operational needs, and the security constraints.
- Establish and configure the most appropriate type of UNHCR IT and Telecommunications systems (HF, VHF, UHF, Microwave Links, Telephony, satellite systems) to meet the requirements of operations within the AoR.
- Assure that the equipment under area of responsibility is in good working condition, by inspecting regularly the hardware and installations. If needed, arrange promptly repairs or replacement as necessary according to established procedures.
- Keep records of the installations and repairs/replacements done and keeps the supervisor fully informed on the status of the equipment.
- Provide the office, where equipment is installed, with full data for their asset management records.
- If applicable, maintain a proper inventory level of all sites spares and return spare parts for repair/replacement;
- Observe and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Printers, LAN points, Hubs, Patch pane, etc. to prevent faults occurring. – Add or remove users from the Network.
- Carry out minor hardware maintenance.
- Support up-to-date inventory of all infrastructure equipment under AOR. – Carry out missions for new installations and routine maintenance tours of telecom equipment.
- Supports the VSAT Network and local PABX systems in the AOR.
- Launch coaching, and training of IT staff and users. Draft procedures and instructions to promote a better understanding of the use of the IT equipment.
- Launch upgrading of computers (Hardware, Software) in UNHCR offices to maintain current UNHCR criteria and, subsequent installation of the new software platforms.
- Liaise directly with end users to explain analyses and resolve reported issues, delivering high standard of customer services.
- Undertake other assignments or assignments within his/her area of competence as directed by Supervisor/Head of Service.
- Decide on an appropriate resolution to incidents/problems.
APPLY ALSO: Program Assistant at WFP Chad
The requirements for Snr IT Associate at UNHCR are :
- 4 years relevant background with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the responsibility station if not English.