- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: Baghdad | Dihok
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-5/GS-6, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
– Deliver counseling on protection issues to PoC; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documentation.
– Aid activities in protection-related AGD-based programming with implementing and operational partners.
– Conduct preliminary information gathering and interviews in reliance of eligibility, status determination, durable solutions, and social needs assessment.
– Donate to measures to determine , prevent and reduce statelessness.
– Donate to a country-level child protection plan as part of the protection strategy.
– Contribute to a country-level education plan for PoC as part of the conservation strategy.
– Monitor Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all conservation/solutions activities.
– Partake in individual protection case management including cases of GBV and child protection. Monitor and report on cases of refoulement, expulsion, and other protection incidents.
– Assist in determining durable solutions for PoC in voluntary repatriation, local integration, and where appropriate, resettlement.
– Contribute to the design, performance and evaluation of protection-related AGD-based programming with executing and operational partners.
– Current reports, routine correspondence, update relevant databases and gathering statistics within the Area of Responsibility (AoR).
– Donate to initiatives to national and local protection capacities.
– Select PoC for initial interviews and decide which relevant information to share.
APPLY ALSO: Administration IRC – Supply Chain Officer
- – 2 years appropriate experience with High School Diploma
- or 1-year appropriate work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher Field(s) of Education Not applicable Certificates and/or Licenses International Law; Political Science;
- Understanding of English and UN working language of the task station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Wisdom of English and UN working language of the responsibility station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Understanding of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.