- Organization: UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Location: N’Djamena
- Grade: Administrative support – GS-5/GS-6, General Service – No need for Higher Education – Locally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Human Settlements (Shelter, Housing, Land, Property)
- Closing Date:MAY 30 , 2023
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a worldwide organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights, and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people. They work to make sure that everyone has the right to seek asylum and find safe refuge, having fled violence, persecution, or war at home. UNHCR has been setting essential protection and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced, and stateless people since 1950. They have a presence in many countries around the world, and give information and assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, and stateless people.
The duties for Snr Resettlement Asst at UNHCR are:
- Carry out preliminary interviews and initial reviews to process refugees for resettlement following established procedures.
- Prepare written documentation for resettlement submission; assure that records / files of individual cases are updated in a systematic and timely manner.
- Evaluate and review individual resettlement cases and prepare individual / group submission for scrutiny by the supervisor.
- Provide persons of concern (PoC) with up-to-date and precise information on UNHCR’s resettlement policies and procedures.
- Comply with UNHCR’s standard operating policies on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
- Follow up on cases from the time of submission to final decision and departure; assure effective in-country transmission on the status and follow-up on PoC being considered for resettlement.
- Help in supporting and updating proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database and provide technical support. – Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- Arrange logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- Provide organizational support for resettlement-related training activities, including organization of resettlement workshops and meetings as demanded.
- Sustain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
- Draft/type routine resemblance to Field Offices / Multi-Country Offices / Headquarters.
- Systematically apply an Age, Gender, and Diversity perspective in all facets of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
- Help in mitigating resettlement fraud by reporting suspected fraud.
- Suggest eligible cases for resettlement consideration.
APPLY ALSO:Technical Assistance at UNICEF Mozambique
The requirements for Snr Resettlement Asst at UNHCR are:
- 2 years appropriate background with High School Diploma; or 1-year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Good understanding of resettlement issues and UNHCR resettlement policies and operational applications. Completion of UNHCR-specific learning/training activities
- For International Professional and Field Service positions: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Command of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Command of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.