- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Mid level – P-4, International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Education, Learning and Training
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Closing Date: 2023-05-18
UNICEF, or the United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by World War II. UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
- Technical help and oversight to countries on strategy design and development of evidence-based SBC and Community Engagement industry and plans for Emergency preparedness and response.
- Capability building of UNICEF staff and partners on SBC in emergencies with a focus on the use of social science and behavioural data to inform preparedness and response plans.
- Documentation, Monitoring and evaluation of SBC movements in Emergency contexts.
- Advocacy, networking, partnership structure, and coordination of SBC/RCCE in Public Health and other emergencies.
APPLY ALSO: Information Communication Technology
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, transmission, public relations or other connected social science field is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional background in strategic planning for social and behaviour change with a strong focus on community engagement, risk communication and participatory communication with at least 4 years served in a growing country guiding/supporting SBC in Emergency preparedness and response.
- Proven competence in practical application of Accountability to Affected Populations both in Emergency preparedness and comeback is an asset. Relevant experience in related areas in a UN system agency or organization is an benefit.
- Setting country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is demanded . Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish), in particular French is an asset. Understanding of Portuguese would also be an asset.