- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Georgetown
- Grade: Volunteer – International Specialist – Internationally recruited Volunteer
- Occupational Groups:
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-05-23
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. UN Volunteers work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
The duties for Specialist – In Motion Coordinator at UNV are :
- Help UNDP in the transfer and assimilation of the In Motion methodology by institutions and regional governments that demonstrate an interest in implementing the In Motion Program.
- Correspond the technical In Motion team for the pilot in Anna Regina, especially the business advisor and the graphic designer .
- Correspond and supervise business advisor and graphic designer who will be responsible for providing technical and business support for the economic units benefiting from the Program.
- Study and follow-up of all the deliverables, tools and report of the In Motion team in Guyana
- Organize all the reports to monitor, follow-up and report on the performance .
- Keep programmatic and organizational control of the In Motion Program in coordination with UNDP Guyana Units and with RBLAC team.
- Help with cooperation with other Programs on a domestic and local level that allow maximizing the In Motion Program’s results.
- Help the systematization and dissemination of results and the good practices of the In Motion Program.
- Support the designation of possible partners/donors and the scale-up/resource mobilization strategy in Guyana
- Aid all other initiatives in support of MSMEs and inclusive economic development demanded by UNDP Guyana
- Help for the formulation of new proposals as requested by the UNDP CO
APPLY ALSO: Community Volunteer at UNV Guyana
The requirements for Specialist – In Motion Coordinator at UNV are :
- 3 years of background in Economic development, business administration, community development or programme/project management;
- Prior experience in partnership building is desired; Experience with administrative processes;
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills;
- Understanding of the local project context in Guyana;
- Capability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners including grassroots community members;
- Bachelor’s degree or equal in economy, business administration or areas relevant to economic development, community or social development and/or project administration.
- English understanding Level: Fluent, Required.