- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Juba
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Humanitarian Aid and Coordination
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-05-27
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Drawing on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risks disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
- Keep the Head of Strategic Coordination in serving as the key focal point within the humanitarian system for NGOs, UN agencies and Government partners within the designated geographical area of responsibility. Be notified and able to represent the interests of humanitarian actors within a given state or sector and advise on humanitarian priorities and principles.
- Create cooperative and effective relationships with all actors, both humanitarian and non-humanitarian, to ensure that all available resources and actors are ready to support humanitarian operations when necessary.
- Observe and track all new humanitarian happenings. Document all developments and share through verbal or written reports/briefings with field-level; implementing partners and the OCHA Head of Field Coordination in Juba. Support the supply of field information to improve coordination activities and effectively map areas of humanitarian demands and response activities. Contribute to the development of reporting and public information products through preparation of weekly internal field reports.
- Help the OCHA office by participating in, as needed, the preparation and hosting of high-level field visits and assignments and assessments, lessons learned and evaluations. Work in close collaboration with Government authorities and seek opportunities to increase the humanitarian capacity of local authorities.
- Provide the use of gender-sensitive needs assessment, needs analysis and response strategy development. Promote the use of the interagency agreed procedures, sphere standards, criteria of intervention, and checklists agreed at inter sector level.
APPLY ALSO: Programme Assistant WHO South-Sudan
- Fluency in written and spoken English is demanded; Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Master degree with no years of background or Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years’ experience in Social sciences.
- At least 2 years’ background in a similar position with an international organization engaged in relief and development work in South Sudan.
- Background in conducting humanitarian assessments and in implementing humanitarian programs. Experience with humanitarian coordination, preferably in leadership functions.
- Background working with the Government of South Sudan humanitarian counterparts and capacity building. Understanding of humanitarian operations and regulations;