Brief details about UN jobs in New York –
Strategic Policy Specialist:
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: New York City
- Grade: Mid level – IPSA-11, International Personnel Services Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Political Affairs
- Legal – Broad
- Closing Date: 2023-06-24
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Based on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risk disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
UN jobs in New York – Strategic Policy Specialist tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in New York – Strategic Policy Specialist are:
The Vertical Fund Programme Support, Oversight and Compliance Unit is seeking to recruit a professional to coordinate, track, monitor, and report on an ambitious workplan for 2023. This sponsorship will include:
- Arrange and follow up on regular oversight and compliance related meetings with the Climate, Nature, and Waste Hubs as well as Regional Bureaus associated with the vertical fund portfolio as the 2023 workplan;
- Study project documents for submission to the vertical funds for compliance with VF fund requirements, and support synthesis of insights from the portfolio that is material for reporting to the UNDP Strategic Plan;
- Ideate, develop, and deliver movement programs for Country Offices and Regional Hub staff to ensure that programme support, oversight and compliance requirements are delivered in close alignment; with staff development needs and in support of continuously improved vertical fund compliance in the field;
- Assure that UNDP maintains its positive external profile with Vertical Funds and their donors, including through the development and delivery of an annual report for the Directorate;
- Working with various units in UNDP, including BERA, support ongoing efforts to strengthen the relationship between Member States and UNDP, and other donor governments as required, in the context of UNDP’s Strategic Plan and the Hubs on Nature, Climate, Energy and Waste, by providing data on results and impacts, data, etc.;
- Arrange trainings for Hubs on Nature, Climate, Energy and Waste staff on various policy and programme related changes that have been introduced as part of regular audit-related management actions, including on specific themes like fiduciary oversight and audit-readiness, safeguards and risk, private sector due diligence, NDB and MDB engagement strategies;
- Help the Vertical Fund Programme Support, Oversight and Compliance Unit to contribute towards, and respond to, Audits as these arise;
- Respond to internal and exterior requests for portfolio information by liasing across relevant business units and thematic hubs in a timely manner and help elevate critical engagements so that they can be actioned appropriately;
- Coordinate study of data, case evidence, and research findings to distil relevant lessons from
projects and programs to inform policy formulation and direction;
- Contribute to the appropriate Community of Practice by consolidating country cases, experiences, good practices from the vertical fund portfolio of relevance to the area of leaving no one behind and Nature, Climate and Energy.
UN jobs in New York – Strategic Policy Specialist qualifications:
The requirements of UN jobs in New York – Strategic Policy Specialist are:
- Master’s degree in Economics, International Relations, Politics or development-related area of study or
- Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional 2 years of qualifying background.
- A minimum of 7 years of appropriate professional experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 9 years of experience, in communications, negotiations, policy formulation, and/or political engagement.
- Background in delivery strategic policy advice in international organizations/governments/NGOs;
- Background in producing reports relevant to this assignment;
- Background in negotiations and engagement in political settings
- Previous experience in policy analysis, development and/or consultancy would be an advantage;
- Background with UNDP policies, procedures and practices, particularly in relation to policy development and implementation is an advantage;
- Previous experience in knowledge management activities is an advantage.
- Outstanding command of written and spoken English and French
- Understanding of other UN languages is highly desirable
- Background in gap analysis, and policy review and formulation.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in New York, please click here.