- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Dakar
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Education, Learning and Training
- Supply Chain
- Food Security, Livestock and Livelihoods
- Closing Date: 2023-05-29
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
The duties for Supply Chain Officer at WFP are :
- Express supply chain activities (from sourcing, food safety and quality and logistics operation) that contributes to supporting food systems
- In coordination with the RAM unit (monitoring and evaluation unit) Develop tools for analysis, KPIs, evaluation and observing these activities performance.
- Coordination with Programmes (resilience, School Feeding and Capacity strengthening) and Budget & Programming units to determine country offices where the project is implemented, how activities are budgeted for and aligned with countries’ strategic programmes (CSP) and general national priorities
- Determine markets beyond WFP demand that supports strengthening local food systems for sustainability
- Cross-cutting: assure the define activities are gender balanced and cater for young adults along the value chains.
- Develop a road map for the implementation of these activities
- Produce monthly news on project progresses
- Other duties as demanded.
APPLY ALSO: Consultant at UNICEF
The requirements for Supply Chain Officer at WFP are :
- A First University degree (Bachelors) identified by https://www.whed.net/home.php in Social Sciences, Public Policy and Administration, Agribusiness, Agriculture and rural development or any other relevant field.
- Should you not find your university degree in this link kindly note that it will be your duty to obtain a formal letter from your Ministry of Education stating their recognition of the university and degree
- At least two (2) years’ of skilled work background in functions related to International Development, Social Sciences and Partnerships;
- Fluency (level C in reading, writing, and speaking) in English and French