- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Dakar
- Grade: All levels – International Professional – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Administrative support
- Supply Chain
- Closing Date: 2023-05-28
UNICEF, or the United Nations Children’s Fund, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by World War II. UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
The duties for Supply & Logistics Associate at UNICEF are:
- Onboarding and organizational support to the staffs in coordination with HR and the protocol unit
- Procurement of consumables for the section
- Aid management for the section in coordination with the administration
- Travel planning and facilitation of travel performances in coordination with the travel unit
- Budget administration
- Event administration : planification and support for organizing meetings and workshop
- Reporting, filing and data administration (SharePoint administration; etc)
Supply Chain Service Delivery and Response
- In talk with supervisor, provide input to the Country Programme Action Planning and advise on Store requirements for the Plan of Operations and Annual Work Plans. Participate in the forecasting, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain operations, including establishment of performance indicators, and assessment of fit for purpose of products and services.
- Back supply emergency preparedness and response activities including establishment of Long-Term Arrangements (LTAs), Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, and pre-positioning of stock.
- Provide input to and advice on the annual supply plan. Conduct data review and analysis for category administration and growth of procurement strategies. Conduct market research in relevant areas for UNICEF and advice on best approaches to obtain best value for money and sustainable procurement. Support product innovation and market shaping initiatives for specific categories of supplies and services.
- Liaise with clients in planning procurement and contracting initiatives, supporting the growth of appropriate specifications, terms of reference, and logistics arrangements and timelines. Take into account opportunities to boost sustainability of supply chains.
APPLY ALSO: Conduct qualitative/quantitative
The requirements for Supply & Logistics Associate at UNICEF are:
- Fulfillment of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to supply chain, business administration, contract/commercial law, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of 6 years of appropriate administrative experience in supply chain management or a commercial context is required.
- Knowledge of development and humanitarian work is an advantage.
- Developing country work background and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and French is demanded . Understanding of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.