- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Translations and Languages
- Closing Date: 2023-05-23
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. UN Volunteers work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
The duties for Support the translation of key documents(ENGLISH-SPANISH) are as follows:
- The HRP Monitoring Plan Template (one 5 pager, one 6 pager and one Excel template) [priority]
- Humanitarian Reply Monitoring (15 pages) [priority]
- 3 Powerpoint presentations which are the Introduction to Monitoring (26 slides), How to Arrange Monitoring of the Humanitarian Response Plan (28 slides) and Using Indicators (16 slides) [priority]
- Measuring and Aggregating Population Figures for Planning and Observing(11 pages) [priority]
- Periodic Monitoring Report Guidance (16 pages) and PMR Template (11 pages) [priority]
- Observing in an Emergency (2 pages) [priority]
- 2 Guidances on Calculation Methods (one 3 pager and one 4 pager)
- Response Planning and Monitoring (RPM) Powerpoint Guide (62 slides) and Project Module (PM) Powerpoint Guide The online volunteer may also be inquired to attend meetings in the Central European Summer Time (CEST) time zone.
APPLY ALSO: Consultant at UNICEF Geneva
The requirements for Support the translation of key documents(ENGLISH-SPANISH) are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in languages, translation, linguistic and intercultural mediation or International Relations, Humanitarian studies or a comparable field is demanded.
- Good translation talents from English to Spanish is demanded. Knowledge of humanitarian and/or development-related terms would be a strong support.
- English understanding Level: Working knowledge, Required.
- Spanish understanding Level: Working knowledge, Required.