- Organization: WFP – World Food Programme
- Location: Guatemala City
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Closing Date: 2023-05-25
The World Food Program (WFP) is the top humanitarian agency that provides food aid in dire situations and collaborates with locals to boost nutrition and resilience. The United Nations created it in 1961 to aid in reducing global hunger. 80 nations are home to WFP offices, which have its main headquarters in Rome. The biggest humanitarian organization in the world, it is also the main supplier of school meals. In order to promote nutrition initiatives, policies, and programs, such as school meals and food fortification, WFP collaborates with governments, other UN agencies, NGOs, and the corporate sector.
The duties for Technical Associate – WFP – Guatemala are :
- Help the growth of resilience projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with WFP CSP 2021 – 2024, WFP Global Policies and other guidance.
- Coordinate new and emerging analysis related to integrated resilience programming
- Under the direction of the Programme Policy Officer for Resilience, support internal and external mixed-methods research, including – but not limited to – impact evaluations, literature reviews, landscape scans, and stakeholder analysis
- Organize data collection plans and support—technically and logistically— the collection of data using quantitative and qualitative methods (e.g., surveys, focus groups, in-depth interviews, and secondary data collection) for integrated resilience programmes.
- Contribute to the plan of study plans, development of questionnaires or other data collection instruments, and performance of studies.
- Foster and strengthen strategic partnerships with key stakeholders, including coordination with local authorities, the WFP Country and Sub Offices, external partners, Cooperating partner, donors etc.
- Support data cleaning and research and provide technical and contextualized input for the interpretation of data.
- Generate programmatic & policy suggestions based on findings
- Plan, organize and coordinate field missions, workshops, trainings, summits, etc. as required.
- Contribute to the practice of research reports, academic journal articles and other documents and reports as needed
- Support knowledge administration activities in coordination with WFPs Communications Team, including preparing presentations blogs and contributing to social media etc.
- Help the dissemination of research to internal and external audiences, including donors, practitioners, policymakers, community members, and WFP staff
- Contribute to organizing partnerships with NGOs and other civil society actors through the coordination of FLAs and MoUs within the scope of resilience projects.
- Contribute to enforcing partners’ capacity strengthening in WFPs processes, tools, formats, etc.
- Other tasks as demanded.
APPLY ALSO: Senior Programme Assistant-UNHCR -Guatemala
The requirements for Technical Associate – WFP – Guatemala are :
- University degree in Economics, Statistics, International Development, Public Policy, Public Administration, Public Health, Demography, Social Sciences or other appropriate fields
- A Master’s degree in related fields is desired.
- Fluency in verbal and written English and Spanish (level C) is mandatory.
- At least 5 years of postgraduate progressively responsible skilled appropriate experience. Including:
- Working knowledge of influence evaluation techniques, statistics and quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Strong research and analytical skills and the ability to apply these skills in program and project management, new programmatic initiatives, knowledge administration, and outreach and dissemination (journal articles, publications, etc.).
- Previous experience with program design, project or grant management, budget development and/or financial analysis in the international development sector preferred.
- Previous background contributing to the development of competitive proposals, concept papers and/or donor and partner relationships.