- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Jordan
- Grade: Volunteer – National Youth – Locally recruited Volunteer
- Occupational Groups:
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2023-05-24
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. UN Volunteers work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
The duties for Technology for Development Associate at UNV are:
- Digital Projects sponsorship and Quality Assurance (QA)
- Cooperate with project partners and Head of ICT to define project requirements and timelines
- Help in the implementation of new processes, applications, and systems
- Supply support for field and Camps
- Study project requirements and specifications to identify potential gaps and issues
- Develop and perform test plans and test cases
- Determine, log, and track software defects, and collaborate with the development team to resolve them
- Intercommunicate with project stakeholders to report on QA activities
- Quality Management(QC)
- Perform code reviews to ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices
- Cooperate with the development team to identify and resolve potential technical issues
- Observe software performance metrics and suggest improvements
- Enforce software features and functionalities as per the given specifications – Follow established coding standards and best practices
- Asset software development and code review when working with third-party vendors • ICT Administration
- Aid in the management and maintenance of Digital programme systems – Provide ongoing support for assigned T4D solutions/projects
- data and information analysis and reporting using various BI and reporting tools • Helpdesk Support – Provide technical support to users,
- Track, escalate, and follow up on sponsorship requests as required.
APPLY ALSO: Youth and Adolescents Development Officer
The requirements for Technology for Development Associate at UNV are:
- 2 years of background
- Strong backgroundin Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes;
- Experience in performing code reviews to ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices;
Bachelor’s degree or equal in Computer science, information technology, or any related specialty
- English understanding Level: Fluent, Required.
- Arabic understanding Level: Fluent, Required.