Brief details about UN career in Bangkok – Project Management at UNV:
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Volunteer – International Specialist – Internationally recruited Volunteer
- Occupational Groups:
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-06-21
The( ) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
UN career in Bangkok – Project Management at UNV tasks:
The duties of UN career in Bangkok – Project Management at UNV are:
Planning, Performance and Monitoring of approved Multilateral Fund Projects: To support the SA Network in
- Keeping regular communications with the National Ozone Officers (NOOs) in the planning, implementation and follow-up of project activities to assure effective implementation and timely delivery of the projects approved by the Executive Committee including the Institutional Strengthening Project, HCFC Phase-out Management Plan (HPMP), Kigali HFC Phase-down Implementation Plan (KIP) and other approved project under special funding opportunities, etc.;
- Developing Term of References for the advisors to keep delivery of activities under the project and liaise with and monitor performance of consultants in the delivery of the assignments.
Preparing the Multilateral Fund (MLF) Project-related Reporting: To help the SA Network and provide inputs for
- Preparing advancement reports for Asia and the Pacific, which is to be prepared by UNEP Ozon Action and submitted to the Multilateral Fund Secretariat on annual basis;
- Preparing the Project Completion Report (PCR) of individual projects and multi-year agreement projects upon completion of the projects;
- Drafting distinct reports as needed by the Executive Committee for Activity Leader review.
Providing Technical and Policy Support to Countries:
- Provide technical and policy service to countries for the performance of the Multilateral Fund Projects;
- Recognize and disseminate good practice among NOUs including developing a guidance tool on the implementation of the Multilateral Fund Projects;
- As assigned by the Montreal Protocol Programme Officers – South Asia Network, conduct country mission(s) to meet with NOO(s) and other national stakeholders to plan, monitor and follow-up on project performance progress.
Project Cooperation Agreement (PCA)/Small Scale Funding Agreement (SSFA)/UN2UN Agreement: To support the SA Network in:
- In consultation with countries and Activity Leader, preparing PCA/SSFA/UN2UN Agreements as per the templates of UNEP and approved project proposals by the Executive Committee;
- Liaising and assisting the NOOs in the preparation and submission of relevant reports such as progress reports and expenditure reports etc. to meet the requirements of UNEP;
- Monitoring the implementation of the PCA/SSFA/UN2UN Agreements and facilitate the process to make requests for release of advances as per provision of the agreements.
- Back innovation within the Asia Pacific CAP team on project and knowledge management and collaborative tools;
- As designated by the Montreal Protocol Programme Officers – South Asia Network.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are inspired to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should devote a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- Reinforce their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be familiarized with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Provide annual and end-of-assignment self- reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Help with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Boost or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
UN career in Bangkok – Project Management at UNV qualifications:
The requirements of UN career in Bangkok – Project Management at UNV are:
- 3 years of experience in a appropriate area, e.g. science, engineer, environment, policies or chemical or area related to law.
- professional work background at the national and/or international level in project planning, implementation, management or monitoring or other relevant programmes; experience with developing report, capacity building, policy settings and legislation system is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Desired specialized knowledge on the ozone depleting substances, ozone depletion or climate change issues, energy efficiency and application of climate friendly alternatives is advantage.
- Outstanding oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for growth
- Capability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel
- Substantial overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines
- background in developing reports for international organizations
- Sound security awareness
- Have affinity with or interest in environmental management, energy efficiency, climate change issues, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable growth, and the UN System.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable in science, environment, policies, Engineering or chemical or area related to law
- English understanding Level: Fluent, Required
If you are looking for more UN career in Bangkok, please click here.