Brief details about UN job in Kenya – Pavilion Coordination Consultant:
- Organization: UNEP – United Nations Environment Programme
- Location: UN job in Kenya , Nairobi
- Grade: Consultancy – Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-06-29
Information about the organization that has offered the UN job in Kenya – Pavilion Coordination Consultant job:
The( ) is an association established in 1972 to guide and harmonize environmental activities within the United Nations (UN) system. UNEP works closely with its 193 Member States and agents from civil society, businesses, and other major groups and stakeholders to address environmental challenges via the , the world’s highest-level decision-making body on the environment. UNEP advances international cooperation on environmental issues, provides guidance to UN organizations, and encourages the international scientific neighborhood to participate in formulating policy for many of the UN’s environmental projects. UNEP’s efforts are focused on varying the triple planetary crisis of climate change, nature and biodiversity loss, and corruption and waste to achieve the
Tasks of UN job in Kenya – Pavilion Coordination Consultant:
- Event planning and Coordination: Working with UNEP colleagues across the organisation including the Regional Office of West Asia, to direct internal coordination of the Pavilion strategy, including but not limited to:
- Order the event and related activities oversee the planning and management of the UNEP Pavilion and other auxiliary spaces at CoP28, as requested:
- Gathering and consolidating inputs from across all key internal stakeholders and divisions to deliver one unified strategy for the Pavilion concept;
- Manage pre-event, the launch and post-event elements.
- Develop a presentation plan and overall event strategy detailed approach, concept, format, and timeline of the launch.
- Launching and leading a task force that will meet on a weekly basis (as needed) to oversee coordination of the Pavilion;
- Organizing regular updates (monthly, or as needed) to senior stakeholders in SMT and other fora as required to ensure internal buy-in.
- Fundraising coordination: Coordinate UNEP Divisions’ in identifying and proposing joint funding possibilities to implement events at the UNEP Pavilion, including but not limited to external partners.
- With appropriate UNEP staff, coordinate and administer the allocated Pavilion budget.
- Event production planning and oversight:
- Manage the selection of side events and information gathering for all production needs.
- Develop a production plan and general event strategy detailed approach, concept, format, and timeline of the launch.
- With the UNEP team, manage the coordination of daily themes and issues that should be promoted at the COP28 Pavilion, ensuring the side-events and outcomes of the event align with UNEP’s overall narrative;
- Draft and implement daily run of shows, or scripting as and when necessary;
- With the UNEP team, suggest, brief and coordinate speakers and moderators for events hosted at the UNEP Pavilion;
- Manage the preparation, time management and execution of the Pavilion for successful implementation.
- Advisory/oversight: At the event, work in an advisory role with other team members to ensure the production and delivery of the high-level events are well produced and communicated:
- Operate any event support personnel – manage overall production team of the events and screenings such as (inter alia): stage manager, event hosts, professional photo and video coverage team, ensuring that all the event requirements are fully met based on the agreed plan with UNEP;
- Liaise with appropriate UNEP and external media/communications personnel to assist in marketing the Pavilion, and any media requests on sessions.
- Check the UN support proposal to COP 28, advise on overlapping elements of the proposed Pavilion activities.
- Event reporting and evaluation: Prepare and submit a full qualitative and quantitative accomplishment report and overall event documentation. Provide suggested follow-up actions and lessons learned, information materials, guest list, and attendance sheets where possible.
Qualifications of UN job in Kenya – Pavilion Coordination Consultant:
- A Master’s degree in communications, international relations, political science or a connected field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
- A minimum of seven years of work background in communication, event production, media relations or related field is required.
- Background in organizing and implementing events in an international organizational setting is required.
- Understanding and expertise in high-level environment and sustainable development issues, including in the UNFCCC context, is desired.
- For the advertised post, fluency in written and spoken English is needed. Knowledge of other UN official languages, notably Arabic, is desired.
If you are looking for more UN job in Kenya, please click here.