Brief details about UN job in New York – Consultancy at UNICEF:
- Organization: UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: UN jobs in Remote | New York City
- Grade: Consultancy – Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Legal – Broad
- Political Affairs
- Communication and Public Information
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2023-07-01
UNICEF, or the, is an agency of the United Nations that donate humanitarian and developmental support to children over the world. It was originally initiated in 1946 to give emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries devastated by . UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to defend the rights of every child, especially those who are vulnerable. Its activities include giving immunizations, disease prevention, and treatment for children and mothers with HIV, as well as strengthening childhood and maternal health. UNICEF relies wholly on voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
UN job in New York – Consultancy at UNICEF tasks:
The duties of UN job in New York – Consultancy at UNICEF are:
- Develop advocacy workplans for our cooperation with two key partners under UNICEF’s Global Advocacy Priority on learning
- Create compelling advocacy resources and materials (toolkits, key messages, briefs and coherent advocacy narratives) in help of agreed major global, regional or national advocacy influencing moments or events on the learning crisis
- Drive coordination between internal stakeholders and priority national committees, country offices and partners for the planning and performanceof major advocacy milestones
- Project handle the development of advocacy and communication resources, assets and content and ensure the smooth delivery of high-level advocacy influencing moments or events.
- Partake in meetings to facilitate general alignment across workstreams and offices at the global, regional and national levels.
- Develop and conduct bespoke advocacy capacity building for offices, as required.
- Conduct other related tasks which may be assigned by the team.
UN job in New York – Consultancy at UNICEF qualifications:
The requirements of UN job in New York – Consultancy at UNICEF are:
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, international relations, public policy, international development, public relations, communication, or a connected field.
- At least five years’ background in advocacy and campaign strategy development and execution in international or national NGOs, UN or multilateral organizations. Specific experience on child health and nutrition is an asset. Knowledge of the United Nations system or other international organizations are an asset.
- Background in developing clear theories of change, with specific, measurable and timebound objectives and performance indicators.
- Background in strategic public engagement activity, based on an understanding of the target audience.
- Strong track record in writing engaging campaign narratives and delivering creative campaign tactics.
- Illustrated experience in design and management of projects, including monitoring of results.
- Background in operating independently at a senior level and in providing expert advice and support on advocacy and campaigns.
- Understanding of international development, humanitarian issues and children’s rights.
- Fluency in English is needed. Understanding of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is considered as an asset.
- Demonstrated strong communication, presentation and writing skills are essential – a clear, concise, compelling writing style, which is adaptable for different audiences, including mainstream public.
- Strong oral communication skills, interpreting and condensing technical language or complicated global issues for different audiences.
- Strategic thinking and critical analysis.
- Capability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Dedication and drive, with a clear focus on results.
- Positive, proactive, ‘can-do’ approach.
- Capability to juggle competing priorities, whilst maintaining attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Creative and innovative.
- Acquaintance with UNICEF and its systems and ways of working is an advantage.
If you are looking for more UN job in New York, please click here.