Brief details about UN job Nepal – National consultant:
- Organization: WHO – World Health Organization
- Location: UN job Nepal , Kathmandu
- Grade: Consultancy – National Consultant – Locally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2023-07-03
Information about the organization that has offered the UN job Nepal – National consultant job:
The( ) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
Tasks of UN job Nepal – National consultant:
- Support political leadership and multisectoral coordination and capacity on alcohol control and SAFER implementation in line with MSAP (2021-2025) on NCDs
- Maintain restrictions on availability of alcohol
- Simplify access to screening, brief interventions, and treatment (SBIT)
- Amplify drink-driving countermeasures
- Support the ban alcohol advertising, sponsorship and promotion
- Increase alcohol prices through excise tax policies
- Monitoring and evaluation
- UN jobs at WFP Head of Research, Assessment and Monitoring in Nepal
- UN jobs Nepal Climate Change and Energy Specialist
Qualifications of UN job Nepal – National consultant:
Essential: Master’s in Public Health or equal degrees in public health sciences
Desirable: DrPH/Ph.D. in Public Health
Essential: At least 5 years of demonstrated background in the relevant public health area, some of which is in alcohol policies and programmes.
Specifically, the consultant should have:
- Strong organizational and project management skills and background managing similar activities
- Acquaintance with the political, legislative and economic contexts in Nepal, particularly in relation to alcohol control or similar public health policy
- Background facilitating multisectoral stakeholder engagement
Desirable: Previous work in similar field such as tobacco control will be an added value.
- Basic skills in the use of statistical packages and ability to synthesize evidence and conductliterature review.
- Capability to produce high quality
- Strong analysis and analytical skills, particularly in relation to alcohol control or similar public health policy
An advisor will need to have advance level of proficiency in written and spoken English and Nepali.
If you are looking for more UN job Nepal, please click here.