Brief details about UN jobs Abu Dhabi – Subregional Coordinator:
- Organization: FAO – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Location: UN jobs Abu Dhabi
- Grade: Senior Executive level – D-1, Director – Internationally recruited position
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- Managerial positions
- Closing Date: 2023-07-24
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs Abu Dhabi – Subregional Coordinator job:
The United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization is known as FAO. It is a specialized organization of the UN that focuses on global initiatives to end hunger through advancing agriculture. The goal of FAO is to promote sustainable agricultural development, enhance nutrition, and support the lives of rural communities in order to create a world free from hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. The FAO offers member nations technical assistance, gathers and disseminates data, and offers a venue for discussion on matters pertaining to food and agriculture. Additionally, FAO is in the forefront of global initiatives to promote sustainable agriculture and fight hunger and malnutrition.
Tasks of UN jobs Abu Dhabi – Subregional Coordinator:
- Management of FAO strategic planning and programme development in the Subregion
- conduct the analysis and dialogue on subregional priorities and the development of subregional strategies
- advise and cooperate with internal partners to raise awareness of subregional priorities and needs, and ensure that they are reflected in corporate and regional policies;
- assure the provision of timely technical support to the FAO components of the UN common planning and programming frameworks (e.g. United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework [UNSDCF], Consolidated Appeals Process [CAP], Flash Appeals, etc.), the Country Programming Framework (CPF) for all countries in the Subregion and related FAO programmes, projects and/or other activities;
- guide subregional mobilization of extrabudgetary resources, making optimum use of the expertise available in the Decentralized Offices.
Programme performance and monitoring
- help Member countries in the Subregion to address food insecurity, malnutrition, hunger and inequalities by working together with institutional partners in the Subregion, in accordance with agreed priorities, approved programme/workplans/budgets, strategic objectives and corporate policies;
- coordinate and assure timely and appropriate technical backstopping to FAO programmes and projects in the Subregion in close collaboration with FAO technical Divisions and Units, and in line with corporate norms, standards and procedures;
- launch regular reporting and monitoring on subregional programmes.
Leadership on knowledge management:
- aid and, where relevant, lead the subregional policy dialogues on areas of FAO’s mandate;
- simplify timely access by subregional stakeholders to FAO’s knowledge resources and global public goods, and knowledge sharing within and beyond the Subregion;
- act as the spokesperson of FAO in the sub-region and communicate FAO programme and impacts to partners, media, and other stakeholders.
Management of human and financial resources:
- lead and handle the Subregional Office and ensure effective and efficient use of human and financial resources in line with corporate policies and administrative procedures;
- oversee all matters related to the security and safety of FAO personnel and their eligible dependents and ensure full adherence to the UN Security Policy, rules and regulations, as well as to security-related instructions issued by FAO;
- contribute to strategic leadership and administration decisions on FAO’s work in the Near East and North Africa as a member of RNE’s Core Leadership Team.
- help the effective establishment of partnerships and collaborations with governments, donors, civil society, Academia, private sector, NGOs, UN system organizations and other international organizations;
- advocate FAO’s policy positions in the appropriate subregional fora, represent FAO in the media, and implement a pro-active communications strategy to raise awareness about FAO with the general public;
- keep the UN joint communication efforts at the subregional level and speaking with “one voice”.
Qualifications of UN jobs Abu Dhabi – Subregional Coordinator:
- Advanced University degree in the major of agriculture, fishery, forestry, or international relations or any other area related to the work of the Organization;
- Minimum twelve years of appropriate experience in programme development and management. Experience in resource mobilization or humanitarian funding would be considered as an advantage;
- Comprehensive leadership, managerial and professional experience in fields related to the mandate of FAO.
- Prior leadership roles in a multicultural setting would be an advantage;
- Comprehensive experience in partnership with international organizations, regional institutions, national government, private sector, civil society organizations, youth and women organizations, farmer associations, etc. is considered a strong asset;
- Capability to lead and work effectively with a diverse team of people of different national and cultural backgrounds in an international setting;
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited understanding (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
If you are looking for more UN jobs Abu Dhabi, please click here.