Brief details about UN jobs Asia – Climate Change and Youth Associate:
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: UN jobs Asia , Of
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Meteorology, Geology and Geography
- Climate Change
- Closing Date: 2023-07-03
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs Asia – Climate Change and Youth Associate job:
The( ) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
UN jobs Asia – Climate Change and Youth Associate tasks:
- Help the work of the UN Inter-Agency Working Group on Young People focused on Micronesia, providing sec Support the development and updating of country climate change/environmental sustainability profiles as part of the Common Country and Regional Assessments
- Aid to researching environment and climate change-related issues and their impact on Micronesia
- Help the development and maintenance of climate/environment related-youth agendas and outreach in the countries under the purview of the MCO Micronesia
- Help inclusion of all peoples across all Micronesia, especially women and girls, youth and persons with disabilities, in the climate change and environment agenda
- Retreat, coordination, and substantive support as relevant
- Back UN Pacific Strategy Outcome Group 1/Results Group: Climate Change, Disaster Resilience and Environmental Protection providing secretariat, coordination, and thematic substantive support;
- Work with the Communications Officer and UN Communications Group in the designing, drafting and performance of communications content and strategies in relation to environmental sustainability and climate change and youth agendas.
- Work closely with the Country Coordination Officers on policy and advocacy connected to environmental sustainability and climate change.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are needed to:
- Boost their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be familiarized with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field backgrounds and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Help with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Boost or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
UN jobs Asia – Climate Change and Youth Associate qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in working with academia, research organisation, private sector, NGOs or international/multilateral organizations on climate change, environmental sustainability, communications, social media, and/or youth engagement
- Prior experience as a volunteer and/or experience or another cultures, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Environmental Studies/Science, Geography, Economics, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Sciences or other related fields.
- English, Level: Fluent, Needed
If you are looking for more UN jobs Asia, please click here.