Brief details about UN jobs at Kenya – Programme Specialist:
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Nairobi
- Grade: Mid level – SB-5 (SC10/SC11), Service Contract, Local Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Social Affairs
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2023-07-06
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs at Kenya – Programme Specialist job:
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Based on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risk disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
Tasks of UN jobs at Kenya – Programme Specialist:
Contribute technically to the growth of programme strategies in the area of Women’s Economic Empowerment
- Provide substantive inputs to the composition and formulation of programme/project proposals and initiatives with a focus on care and social protection at a macro-policy level as well as at programmatic levels;
- Recognize areas for support and intervention related to the care and social protection areas of work;
- Determine linkages and synergies between the various projects under the WEE team and across UN Women thematic areas.
Provide substantive specialised support to the implementation and management of the Women’s Economic Empowerment programme
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget;
- Lead the performance of programme activities;
- Oversee the coordination of the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Check, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
Provide technical service and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Coordinate and provide technical help in the implementation of programme activities in the care and social protection areas of work;
- Provide substantive inputs to the study initiatives in their design, the review of methodologies, data, findings and conclusions at national, regional and country levels;
- Develop technical knowledge products
- Sustain relationships with regional and continental partners to support implementation and expansion of the Women’s Economic Empowerment programme;
- Recognize opportunities for capacity building of partners and facilitate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners, as needed.
Provide technical inputs to the monitoring and reporting of the programme/project
- Observe progress of implementation of activities and finances using results-based management tools;
- Draft reports on observing missions, programme results, outputs and outcomes;
- Provide substantive inputs to the preparation of donor and UN Women reports.
Provide substantive technological inputs to the management of people and finances of the Women’s Economic Empowerment programme
- Observe budget implementation and make budget re-alignments/revisions, as necessary;
- Provide substantive inputs to economic reports.
Provide substantive information to building partnerships and resource mobilization strategies
- Provide substantive inputs to resource mobilization strategies; analyze and maintain information and databases;
- Prepare appropriate documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles;
- Partake in donor meetings and public information events, as delegated.
Provide technical backing to inter-agency coordination on Women’s Economic Empowerment to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in the region
- Provide substantive technical help to the Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director on inter-agency coordination related activities by drafting background reports and briefs as delegated.
Provide substantive inputs to advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts
- Develop environment documents, briefs and presentations related to Women’s Economic Empowerment;
- Coordinate and arrange advocacy campaigns, events, trainings, workshops and knowledge products;
- Coordinate the growth of knowledge management methodologies, and products on Women’s Economic Empowerment.
Qualifications of UN jobs at Kenya – Programme Specialist:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, social policy, development studies, gender studies, or a related field is needed.
- A first-level university degree in mixture with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added benefit.
- A minimum five (5) years of work background in planning, implementation, coordinating, monitoring, and reporting the implementation of women’s economic empowerment programmes is required.
- Background in gender equality programming is required
- Experience working in report writing, knowledge management and preparing communication materials is needed.
- Experience working in East and Southern Africa is an asset.
- Background coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
- Background working within or with the UN system, Agencies, Funds or Programs is an asset
- Background in leading/managing remote teams and stakeholders is an asset.
- Strong IT skills, knowledge of Quantum system desirable
- Fluency in English
If you are looking for more UN jobs at Kenya, please click here.