Brief details about UN jobs in Afghanistan – Administration and Finance Intern :
- Job Location: Nangarhar
- Nationality: National
- Category: Finance
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary: UG
- Vacancy Number: SVN-KBL-2023-123
- No. Of Jobs: 1
- City: Jalalabad
- Organization: IOM
- Years of Experience: Candidate should be highly motivated, keen to learn new skills with dynamic personality and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Contract Duration: Six months with possibility of extension
- Gender: Male/Female
- Education: Completed University degree (bachelor’s degree) or at the last year of a university degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management/Administration or related field of study. Certificate on MS Office 365 is desirable.
- Close date: 2023-07-01
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the major of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is committed to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM internships provide chances for young people from diverse academic and geographic backgrounds to enhance their educational experience by gaining experience in the field of migration and/or public international administration. By engaging interns, IOM benefits from the service of qualified young people specialized in various professional fields.
IOM is dedicated to a diverse and inclusive environment.
Beneath the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office, & direct supervision of Administration and Finance Assistant, the incumbent will be accountable for carry out finance and administrative functions.
UN jobs in Afghanistan – Administration and Finance Intern tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in Afghanistan – Administration and Finance Intern are:
- Help in Creating and keep an organized filing system.
- Aid in Monitoring daily attendance, Report daily staff figure with HSO/Admin and updating leave balance.
- Help in Managing schedules for appointments and deadlines.
- Take clear messages and communicate effectively with customers, clients, team members, and management.
- Aid in the Preparation documentation required and make facilitation for the recruitment process of consultants and other temporary staff.
- Aid and ensuring the provision of administrative services for the employees and colleagues.
- Help in Managing and coordinate meetings conferences and other events and arranging the administration-related items and activities prior and during the meeting, workshops and conferences.
- Help in preparation of travel authorization and make travel arrangements of staff.
- Aid and organize payment of electricity bills.
- Help and maintain updated lists for all outstanding and due utility bills – phone, internet, receivables, and payables.
- Help in preparing and processing of all accounting transactions such as disbursement, cash receipts, journal entries and advances in accordance with IOM finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Assure timely submission of monthly requests, reconciliations, and financial statement reports.
- Help, prepare and follow up on timely payments process to employees’ contractors’ suppliers and vendors.
- Aid and ensure that all vouchers and receipts are accurately filed, stamped and recorded in books/ system.
- Assists and assure HSO/Finance is compliance with financial, procurements and field accounting policies and procedures of IOM.
Procurement and Logistic
- Help in implementing procurement activities including obtaining quotations, preparing evaluations and recommendations, issuing Purchase Requisitions (PR), Purchase Orders (PO) or Service Agreements (SA) and delivery of goods/services in accordance with IOM procurement guidelines.
- Aid and verify information regarding vendor’s performance as regards to quality, prices, delivery, and equipment are in conformity with the organization’s requirements; and assist in performing vetting of all new vendors with IOM/UN/donor specific databases.
- Assist and keep a track of agreements and POs with vendors, suppliers, and service providers, follow up on their renewal.
- Aid and maintain an e-filing system and ensure that all procurement documents and agreements are properly filed and updated in the order in which they are entered in PRISM.
- Help the main record of office stationery and inventory. Ensure that office asset inventory is in line with IOM Assets Inventory Policy and regularly update assets inventory report.
- Help and maintain duty roster of drivers and review logbooks on daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Keep scheduling maintenance of mission’s vehicles. Prepare and submit monthly vehicle status and fuel consumption reports.
- Aid in clearing of open Purchase Requisitions and Purchase Orders for the office and operational activities; and preparation of monthly procurement and assets management reports required for accounts closure in compliance with the accounts closure checklist.
- Help in Inventory, asset controlling, tagging assets.
- Provide managerial, logistical, and procurement support to the team, including payment to events participants, transportation and accommodation arrangements, and ongoing operations.
- Conduct any other duties that may be assigned
- UN Jobs in Afghanistan: Administration and Finance Intern, IOM
- UN Jobs in Afghanistan: Data Entry Intern, IOM
- UN Jobs in Afghanistan: Administration and Finance Intern, IOM
UN jobs in Afghanistan – Administration and Finance Intern qualifications:
The requirements of UN jobs in Afghanistan – Administration and Finance Intern are:
- Completed University degree (bachelor’s degree) or at the last year of a university degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management/Administration or a connected field of study.
- A certificate on MS Office 365 is desirable.
- Acquainted with administrative functions
- Nominee should be highly motivated, keen to learn new skills with dynamic personality and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Fluent in the English, Pashto, and Dari languages.
Interested nominees are invited to submit their application (Cover Letter, CV and Academic Credential) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with CFA – KBL – 001 – Administration and Finance Intern on the subject by SVN-KBL-2023-123 at the latest.
Nominees holding an IOM contract, please update your information in your IOM PRISM account, and submit that with your curriculum vitae to the said email address, applicants who failed to do so will not be considered. We do not accept hard copies.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Afghanistan – Administration and Finance Intern, please click here.