Brief details about UN jobs in Baghdad – Education and Youth Officer:
- Organization: NRC – Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: UN jobs in Baghdad | Mosul
- Grade: Mid level – Mid level
- Occupational Groups:
- Education, Learning and Training
- Closing Date: 2023-06-27
Information about the organization that has offered the UN jobs in Baghdad – Education and Youth Officer job:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an autonomous humanitarian organization helping people forced to flee. We work in emergencies across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for individuals forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve the international and local capability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also conducts the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Tasks of UN jobs in Baghdad – Education and Youth Officer:
- Enforce education activities under direction of the Education Project Coordinator.
- Manage the Education Assistants. Provide technical support and feedback to them in line with program objectives.
- Develop and sustain effective filing systems, both electronic and paper.
- Update and maintain effective project and individual work plans.
- Provide help to formal schools and incentive staff in line with NRC quality standards.
- Observe and evaluate project implementation at field level, address and share challenges faced and suggest proper solutions for the challenges faced.
- Perform regular field visits to support education and PSS activities and closely follow up on project implementation.
- Assure proper and regular communication with provide updates to relevant local authorities such as the directorate of education, camp managers, etc.
- Document technical issues and challenges, and channel to the Education PC.
- Assure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and cooperate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Make decisions on the ground with limited or remote supervision.
- Any other task appropriate to the position as requested by line manager.
Qualifications of UN jobs in Baghdad – Education and Youth Officer:
- Background from working as Education and Youth Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to previous duties
- Good English language skills as well as fluency in Arabic.
- Prior experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
Specific skills, knowledge and background:
- Capability to work diligently both independently and in a team setting.
- Prior experience supervising teams
- Minimum 2 years background in NGO education programming.
- Background in working with children and/or educators; DoE-level experience a plus.
- Background in training or building the capacity of others.
- Nominees with a university and/or advanced degree preferred.
- Substantial computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook and Excel
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the circumstances, needs and challenges IDP/refugee children face.
- Understanding of the basics of Child Protection and/or psychosocial support.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Baghdad, please click here.