Brief details about UN jobs in Bangkok – Consultant at UNEP:
- Organization: UNEP – United Nations Environment Programme
- Location: UN jobs in Bangkok
- Grade: Consultancy – International Consultant – Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Development Cooperation and Sustainable Development Goals
- International Relations
- Legal – Broad
- Climate Change
- Project and Programme Management
- Ombudsman and Ethics
- Medical Technology (Med Tech)
- Closing Date: 2023-06-20
The( ) is an association established in 1972 to guide and harmonize environmental activities within the United Nations (UN) system. UNEP works closely with its 193 Member States and agents from civil society, businesses, and other major groups and stakeholders to address environmental challenges via the , the world’s highest-level decision-making body on the environment. UNEP advances international cooperation on environmental issues, provides guidance to UN organizations, and encourages the international scientific neighborhood to participate in formulating policy for many of the UN’s environmental projects. UNEP’s efforts are focused on varying the triple planetary crisis of climate change, nature and biodiversity loss, and corruption and waste to achieve the
UN jobs in Bangkok – Consultant at UNEP tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in Bangkok – Consultant at UNEP are:
- The overall duties of the consultant are to support CAP global team on internal preparation for the process of the Executive Committee starting from project proposal development, and implementation, regularly reporting on its implementation status until its closure to the Executive Committee on regular basis and to support UNEP in the delivery of its services under CAP at the global and regional level in accordance with the approved CAP work plan and strategy. Specific duties are as follows:
- Partake in the delivery of approved capacity building activities and coordination of capacity building activities to be conducted by regional teams including
- Take part in the performance and outreach of capacity building activities of the approved CAP workplan
- Check of components of capacity building and information materials/publications that are developed by regional teams/consultants and support the internal review and approval for release.
- Back the capacity building activities organized by regional teams;
- Collect feedback on the service and needs in supporting country’s capacity building and make proposals of new capacity building initiatives to fill the gaps.
- Show as the liaison person with the regional CAP teams related to capacity building activities and address/follow up on their specific requests.
- Contribute to the CAP internal preparation for the process of the Executive Committee including
- Support the Executive Committee Coordinator in reviewing project proposals and specific reports as required by Executive Committee submitted by regional teams;
- Gather inputs and feedback on the documents/topics to be discussed at Interagency Coordination meeting and the Executive Committee and most relevant with CAP mandates, and reports to the Head of Branch.
- Partake in the implementation of the project of Twinning Workshop of NOOs and National Energy Efficiency Policymakers (NEEPs) to Support Kigali Amendment Objectives including
- Contribute to the preparing the planning/workplan for the performance of the Twinning project.
- Help the Regional teams for the organization of the twinning workshops.
- Work with the senior consultant to develop workshop agenda, logistics note, and other standard materials for the Regional teams to use.
- Work with the advisor to develop 2-3 standard presentations.
- Prepare advancement reports by following up with Regional teams.
- Participate in preparing information notes and speeches for participation in the planned and ad-hoc meetings such as network meetings and country missions.
- Conduct data collections, analyses, desk studies, etc. related to priority policy and technical subjects.
- Support innovation within the global CAP team on project and knowledge management and collaborative tools.
- Others, as assigned by the Head of Branch.
UN jobs in Bangkok – Consultant at UNEP qualifications:
The requirements of UN jobs in Bangkok – Consultant at UNEP are:
- Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g. natural science, engineering, environment, policies or chemical or area related to law; a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with appropriate training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- At least 3 years of professional work background at the national and/or regional/international level in project planning, implementation, management or monitoring or other relevant programmes
- Work background with developing countries on capacity building, policy settings and legislation system is an asset.
- Background working in the UN or other international development organization is an advantage;
- Specialized knowledge about the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer, the Kigali Amendment, ozone depleting substances, ozone depletion or related climate change issues, energy efficiency in refrigeration and air conditioning equipment, and the application of low-GWP alternative refrigerants is a benefit.
- Understanding and skills on data analysis, developing reports, stakeholder consultations at regional/national level
- Fluency in written and spoken English is needed.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Bangkok, please click here.