Brief details about UN jobs in Bangkok – National Consultant at UNDRR:
- Organization: UNDRR – United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Consultancy – Consultant – Contractors Agreement
- Occupational Groups:
- Disaster Management (Preparedness, Resilience, Response and Recovery)
- Emergency Aid and Response
- Closing Date: 2023-06-26
The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) is the lead UN agency for the coordination of disaster risk reduction. UNDRR works globally towards the prevention of new disaster hazard and the reduction of existing disaster risk, helping the Sustainable Development Goals, the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, and other global growth goals. The organization envisions a world where disasters no longer threaten the well-being of people and the future of the planet. UNDER performs transparently, focusing on effective, efficient, and quality organizational performance and program delivery to guarantee and improve the impact of its work
UN jobs in Bangkok – National Consultant at UNDRR tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in Bangkok – National Consultant at UNDRR are:
- Work closely with the National Focal Point, UNRCO, UNDRR, and Resilience Output Group to understand the specific tasks to be carried out based on a workplan throughout the assignment.
- Support the National Focal Point to lead the EW4ALL initiative in Lao PDR.
- Coordinate with and engage the concerned stakeholders throughout the process of formulating national EW4ALL road map 2023-2027.
- Facilitate a multi-stakeholder national consultation workshop for EW4ALL to generate collective understanding of the stakeholders on this subject through interactive gap analysis sessions and discussions towards establishing a multi-stakeholder coordination mechanism and a national roadmap for EW4ALL.
- Analyze stakeholder mapping survey to inform the multi-stakeholder consultation workshop, gap analysis and EW4ALL road map 2023-2027.
- Translate the outcome of the national consultation workshop on EW4ALL in the form of a documented gap analysis, and to frame a national roadmap for EW4ALL 2023-2027, ensuring minimum core capabilities across the four pillars of early warning systems.
UN jobs in Bangkok – National Consultant at UNDRR qualifications:
The requirements of UN jobs in Bangkok – National Consultant at UNDRR are:
- An advanced university degree in natural resources management, environmental science, meteorology/atmospheric science, hydrology, or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with a minimum of 2 years additional years of qualifying background may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of background in planning and managing projects/programs in early warning system, climate change, and disaster risk reduction/management with the government entities and/or non-governmental organizations is required.
- Background working with Lao PDR’s early warning system, disaster risk reduction, climate change, or natural resource management policies/programs, mechanisms, and procedures is required.
- Experience working in national policy, strategy, action plan, guideline formulation with national stakeholders is needed.
- Knowledge in the UN system related to early warning, disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness, response and recovery or relevant field is desirable.
- Fluency in Laotian and English is needed.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Bangkok, please click here.