Brief details about UN jobs in Bangkok – National (IM/GIS) Officer:
- Organization: UNV – United Nations Volunteers
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Meteorology, Geology and Geography
- Communication and Public Information
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Population matters (trends and census)
- Scientist and Researcher
- Documentation and Information Management
- Closing Date: 2023-06-26
The( ) program is a UN organization that encourages peace and development through volunteerism throughout the world. The program proposes volunteer opportunities in 150 countries and has volunteers from 160 countries with eclectic backgrounds and perspectives. work in different fields such as disaster reply, society empowerment, and endurable livelihoods. If you are curious in serving in a UNV program, you can find a guide to UN volunteer jobs on volunteerforever.com.
UN jobs in Bangkok – National (IM/GIS) Officer tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in Bangkok – National (IM/GIS) Officer are:
Provide information administration aid to all data collection operations, including assessments and surveys, in different provinces where activities are implemented, as well as to data collection and research activities of other IOM units, as requested. Study information sources in Thai language.
Data collection activities
- Help with the effective implementation of various IM tools; including the development and roll out of Kobo-based data collection tools.
- Observe data collection activities as per agreed timelines; perform regular data quality check during data collection activities; prepare project status and progress reports.
- Compiling authorized and unofficial migration data provided in Thai from different data sources for further processing.
- Aid with the timely preparation and generation of information products and geo-spatial products, with a focus on monitoring, cleaning, and analyzing data.
- Discovering patterns and trends via spatial mapping of data.
- Planning digital maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of data using geographic data and other data sources.
- Converting physical maps into a digital form for computer usage.
- Help with the coordination of the data collection processes and the overall data management activities including pre-processing, encoding, storing, and transferring data, as well as processing and analysis of the collected data and information.
- Aid with the effective implementation of a digital data library (including geographic data) in various file types. Facilitate the effective use of the designated information system and other databases to collect, store and further process data.
- Help with the regular adjustment and improvement of Information Management and GIS processes, including by identifying gaps and solutions to existing challenges.
- Help the Reporting Officer in the preparation of reports and final products, including but not limited to: data visualization, geographic visualizations, compilation of relevant data from secondary sources.
- Aid with information sharing and dissemination to all relevant channels.
- Travel to areas of function to assist with field implementation, including training and monitoring as needed.
- Illustrate commitment to the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Exploitation (PSEA) and ensure mainstreaming of PSEA in flow monitoring operations.
- Any other connected tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
UN jobs in Bangkok – National (IM/GIS) Officer qualifications:
The requirements of UN jobs in Bangkok – National (IM/GIS) Officer are:
- 0 years of background in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or related fields from an accredited academic institution
- Background in the management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analyzing data to generate information products.
- Background in working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Strong specialized skills in Microsoft Office suite, Excel, Power BI, Kobo/ODK.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information system
- Capability to compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets.
- Understanding of GIS software (preferably QGIS or ArcGIS)
- Understanding of R or other statistical analysis software strongly desired. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite is advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability to maintain trust and good working relationships with counterparts.
- Capability to work independently, with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and according to clear workflows.
- Capability to work in challenging settings, under pressure while respecting tight deadlines.
- Capacity to learn and gain new competencies, while accepting/giving constructive criticism.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, and flexibility.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding analytical abilities.
- Solid knowledge of the norms of professional ethics.
Bachelor’s degree or equal in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or related fields
- English, Level: Working knowledge, Needed
- Thai, Level: Working knowledge, Needed
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Bangkok, please click here.