Brief details about UN jobs in Bangkok – Policy Experimentation Analyst:
- Organization: UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Bangkok
- Grade: Level not specified – Level not specified
- Occupational Groups:
- Political Affairs
- Legal – Broad
- Scientist and Researcher
- Innovations for Sustainable Development
- Closing Date: 2023-06-21
UNDP Programe is well arranged and manifestly image Albania’s improvement priorities articulated in the National Strategy for Development and Integration as well as in the Albania-United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026. Our Programme is alike with the UNDP Global Strategic Plan. It is contributed towards the European Union Integration Agenda through several European Union acquis chapters. The Programme contributes to the goals of several Sustainable Development Goals. Furthermore, Based on its reputation and strength as a UN system integrator for Agenda 2030 and trusted impartial partner, UNDP will set economic transformation and eradication of multidimensional poverty and establish systems that address risk disasters and social injustice within the SDGs. In addition ,The key component of UNDP’s means will be integration and innovation.
UN jobs in Bangkok – Policy Experimentation Analyst tasks:
The duties of UN jobs in Bangkok – Policy Experimentation Analyst are:
- Experiment portfolio design
- Work with UNDP and partners to lead mapping the context and nature of growth challenges, and current policy in Thailand with a particular focus on understanding systemic issues beyond traditional silos and classifications and recognizing drivers of change, and levers for policy intervention at both national and local levels.
- Mapping systems and assets, recognizing levers and logic for policy intervention at both national and local levels, and building hypotheses of change that are a fit to the system-level challenges identified.
2. Administration of policy prototype experiments for sustainable development challenges
- Oversee the design of policy experiments across to validate the hypotheses and test the effectiveness of specified policy prototypes, including (but not limited to) defining variables, formulating hypotheses, and coordinating experimental protocols.
- Develop a framework to capture the learning from the policy experiments in such a way that it favours critical reflection and quick adaptation over static reporting.
- Provide technical direction for policy experiment design, roll-out and validation based on the policy experiment conditions, resources available, and requirements.
- Proactively supervise risks within policy experiments including those related to ethics and privacy.
- Analyze the results from the testing of policy prototypes and translate them into recommendation on next steps and implications for improvement, spin-offs and scaling-up where warranted.
3. Launch cultural and behavioral analyses for the Thailand Policy Lab portfolio of experiments
- Advise the TPLab’s policy experiment portfolio to assure experiments are designed based on people’s knowledge, behaviors, and peer to peer methods of managing and diffusing knowledge about sustainable development issues.
- Assure ethics framework is implemented for TPLab’s portfolio of policy experiments.
- Design techniques to test accelerator ideas for their applicability and diffusion.
- Incorporate cultural norms, peer to peer methods and behavioral insights into technology-based experiment.
- Convene a broad scope of new partners with the TPLab including artists, community organizers and emergent movements to explore areas for collaboration on sustainable development.
4. Working out loud
- Proactively capture and share results from the portfolio implementation.
- Assist UNDP and NESDC disseminate insights from policy experiments as a way to regularly reflect and engage with external audiences.
- Liaise with UNDP’s network and share learnings and insights from the country-specific experience.
- Jointly with the UNDP and NESDC, support TPLab’s partners to develop an emerging pipeline of new initiatives, and support other movements related to the design and operation of the TPLab.
- Design and deliver engaging and meaningful strategies for reflection on learning from experiments.
- Lead other movements related to the design and operations of the TPLab.
5. Administrative learning, working out loud and grafting experimentation onto the core business of UNDP and NESDC
- Working with clients to inspire reflection and capturing of insights from experiments, as they related to the overall portfolio logic.
- Provide specialized consultation and training for NESDC, UNDP and partners through various phases including asset mapping, developing a strategic portfolio logic, experiment design, prototype testing, and evaluation
UN jobs in Bangkok – Policy Experimentation Analyst qualifications:
The requirement of UN jobs in Bangkok – Policy Experimentation Analyst are:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development, Social Sciences, or related disciplines. Or a Bachelor’s degree with two additional years of appropriate experience.
- Minimum 2 years (with Bachelor’s) or up to 2 years (with a Master’s) of increasing duty in public sector, private sector, or international organizations – ideally with experience in public policy process, innovative management approaches, public and private sector innovation strategies, corporate strategies or development financing.
- Proven background in working with governments or international organizations on innovation.
- Demonstrated background in innovative approaches in development work.
- Understanding of UNDP or the UN System is desirable.
- Background in working in or with similar policy labs is preferred
- Comprehensive experience of coordinating international and multi-sector stakeholders including private, public and the civil sectors partners.
- Job Understanding and Technical Expertise on Policy and/or Public Sector Innovation
- Knowledge Management: Capability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Thai.
If you are looking for more UN jobs in Bangkok, please click here.